Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WICKSTICK83
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome!!! Thanks for the link. I will be taking advantage.

• Fire Art
    replied
    I quit hunting wild game 3 years ago and have not missed it at all give me beef pork and chickens. I try go buy on sale and have gotten s pretty good selection of the meat like to eat we buy chicken as we need it I buy a lot of manager Specials and come home salt and pepper and vacuum pack and freeze that way I can sous vide if I don’t plan very well

Leave a comment:

• Bogy
    replied
    I don't look at beef prices in the flyers, because I buy a side every year from a local farm family who happens to be members of my congregation. I pay whatever the market price is on the day it goes to the processor. I've gotten lucky on that the last couple of years, although I'm on vacation right now and can't tell you what we paid exactly, by the time we added processing. Our price per lb. has actually been lower the past two years than several years before that. So for me, hamburger and ribeye costs the same. I know where the steer was raised, and for the most part, what it ate. They are grass fed until the last few weeks, when they finish them on grain. My wife and I have thought about getting a hog from them, which is their primary business, but had never done it. About a month ago the father/grandfather of the family came by and told me he was going to drop off a hog for me, all I needed to do was take care of the processing. I had the processor do the bacon, sliced thick. We've had more bacon than anything else so far, since it's tomato season which makes it BLT season, and it's some of the meatiest bacon I've ever had. We're going through it fast, and it's going to be tough going back to store bought after this. Anyway, not going to be buying much pork in a store either in the near future. I have watched for when butts and loins came on sale, and stocked up then. I like buying local, from someone I know. If you can, that's what I would recommend.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    smokenoob LMAO!!!!

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Largest retailer on earth......maybe causes cancer in Cali so you don't get one? HouseHomey

• Huskee
    replied
    Here's an older thread on the subject, to give context to a similar conversation a few years ago.

In my area meat prices have been fairly stable. I can usually get ribs on sale sometimes for $2.50/lb or thereabouts. $3.69-3.99 lb lately when not on sale. Whole chickens maybe $1.19 to $1.79. Leg/thigh family packs sometimes $.99/lb. Prime packer brisket at Costco I want to say is about $2.69 or 2.89/lb (great deal if you ask me), $6.99-7.99/lb for flats at a few places.

Leave a comment:

• Pequod
    replied
    I increasingly purchase most of my meat from local farmer’s markets, with a bit from Costco and reputable online sources like Creekstone farms. My wife occasionally brings home mystery meat from a supermarket, but that’s becoming rare.

Leave a comment:

• ckreef
    replied
    In mid GA where I live they have a huge butcher shop, M&T Meats. Has everything you could want and reasonably decent prices. They frequently have beef plate ribs and my favorite, veal chops. Veal chops are the most succulent, mini, single person Tomahawk steak. Cut about 1 3/4" thick with the long rib bone attached. Yum, yum.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I shop at 6 grocery chains. All about 1.5 miles from my house in either direction. Plus the "Beef Palace."

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Wow. You really have some place called "Wolly World?"

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Me too, you have to pass the Bourbon to end up at the discounted dated meat bin. A nice trip that always is to my Ralph's (owned by Kroger) and $3.99lbs for Choice chuck when on sale.

• Ahumadora
    replied
    I pay about u$d 2.50 lb ($5kg) for whole grass fed briskets here in Buenos Aires

Leave a comment:

• Oak Smoke
    replied
    The United Supermarket Chain has a store in Amarillo, Tx called Amigos. Two weeks before every major holiday they have cryo-vaced ribeye loins for $4.97 per pound and New York strip loins for $3.97 per pound. They didn’t care if I dug around looking for the ones I wanted. After wet ageing they were great. Some of the packages said produced, processed, and packaged in Mexico. I didn't care, they were just incredible steaks.

Leave a comment:

• N227GB
    commented on 's reply
    I've been doing the paleo eating lifestyle for six years now. My body really can't tell the difference between grass fed and regular meats. My money clip does!

• N227GB
    replied
    Originally posted by WICKSTICK83 View Post
    Could not find a thread on this.
    We've got a whole subforum on special limited time deals. Last winter I posted 99 cents per pound butts at Winn Dixie and the other day I posted a digital coupon for $5 off Kingsford briquettes at a wholesale club.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here