Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At Mother-In_Laws, so of course I'm BBQing, 4 meats, AND trip to Louis Mueller BBQ!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Mother-In_Laws, so of course I'm BBQing, 4 meats, AND trip to Louis Mueller BBQ!!

So we are at my beautiful wife's mom's for a few days, and to keep me from getting in to trouble, last year I bought the enormous (tiny) $17 grill at the store, and set up a little offset smoking! I'm continuing the tradition this year, having made the trip to the wonderful HEB grocery store this morning, getting Beef Ribs, St Louis Ribs, some chicken thighs and a little Boston Butt.

I'm giving my brother-in-law some rubs for his Christmas Gift, so it's a BBQ Christmas all around!

Today, Round 1, was the Beef Rib Shorties.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	45541
    Here they are (yes, my pictures are upside down, i'm left handed, using a borrowed computer so I don't have editing software handy). And the $17 pit is there in the background. Big Bad Beef Rub is looking good on the ribs!

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	45542
    The foil barrier is working great, and my fuse method charcoal with apple wood chunks included kept my at 250 for over 6 hours!!! I'm quite impressed with how tight the air chamber is on this little pit! I had the little front holes at 15% open, and the top vent at 50% most of the day.

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	45539
    Here are the racks at about 5 hours. I put the thickest pieces back on for a little longer, they were only at 187 degrees. (OK, I was in a hurry when I put them on, the marvelous New Orleans Saints were playing, and I didn't read MH's article before I did so...thus I missed the instruction to cut the ribs into smaller parts if they are thick. Improvise.Adapt.Overcome.

Name:	image4.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	45540
    This pic has the little "Chrome" filter on my phone, so the color looks a little different/cooler, but I'm really impressed with my $17 smoker's performance!

I'm about to go pull the 3 thickest ribs off the pit after another couple hours.

I'll keep adding to this thread with the other meats, and, of course, the LOUIS MUELLER BBQ in Taylor Texas trip on Tuesday!

RockOn!
    paul

Beautimous!

Comment

Looking good! And love the purple gloves

Comment

TB, they are just the blue gloves from Sams with the Chrome Filter on my phone.

Name:	image1 (1).JPG
Views:	56
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	45568
        Here are the last few ribs after a couple more hours on the pit. I also neglected to pull the bottom silverskin off the ribs, which made them harder to eat. i'll remember to do that next time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here