Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke-roasted veal Osso Bucco with bacon wrapped lobster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke-roasted veal Osso Bucco with bacon wrapped lobster.

Thanks to Meathead, Huskee, and others for the inspiration for this special we served tonight. The veal Osso Bucco had been in the freezer for a while, and needed to go. Tired of braising as usual, my fellow chefs and I(all "q" affectionados), decided to use a variation of Meat's Big Bad Beef Rub(adjusted for veal sensibilities).We smoked our veal with cherry, after salting the day before, then rubbing with olive oil and lemon zest before the rub. After 45 min. of stovetop smoke, we placed in a 250 degree oven and cooked until we could twist a fork next to the bone(about 3 ½ hours).We then chilled the veal. Today, I made a "veal" version of the Texas Mop Sauce, and a Boursin cheese blend for a topping, as our customers are weinies and need a foil to the heat . We garnished with a fresh sage gremolatta. We served a bit of sauce on the side. With the veal, we accompanied the veal with two bacon wrapped lobster tails topped with creole hollandaise sauce. A choice of starch(in this case rotini Alfredo)and fresh vegetables topped with a drizzle of cheddar hollandaise. This image was taken at the hight of our Friday night dinner rush, so we apologize for the lack of a clean staged appearance. The weird thing about our clientele is that if you use the word BBQ, they think,"cheap." If you use the term "smoke roasted," they go nuts! Go figure...lol
    Again, thanks to all the folks here for the inspiration. Tomorrow? A whole "smoke roasted" NY strip with more bacon wrapped lobster. I think we'll butterfly, then stuff the lobster with andouille sausage stuffing. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0084.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	39632

Looks great! I work with a gent from Northern Italy who always brings a traditional Osso Bucco to our office pot lucks. It is to die for! Yours looks and sounds way better!

Comment

• Strat50
      Strat50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks HC. All of us (as usual) discussed this for quite a time before executing. Team effort all the way.
      Last edited by Strat50; December 13, 2014, 04:55 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here