Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried salt block grilling yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    I wonder how it can improve on dry brining the steak.... What do you do with the meat-stained block when you're done? I don't know. I'd have to think about this one. Not convinced it's for me.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I'd still salt the tops of the veggies unless you plan to turn them.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    Originally posted by SwampDonkeyzBBQ View Post
    ... They claim, if you heat them up slowly, they can handle temps in the 500-600* range.
    Wow... that is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• SwampDonkeyzBBQ
    replied
    I did a little research into it. According to what I've read, it only imparts a moderate saltiness to the food. So I'm going to assume you do not season your food, with salt, before cooking on it. It's really cool looking though, and the blocks aren't very expensive. I may have to give it a try in the future. Seems like a really cool way to grill a steak. They claim, if you heat them up slowly, they can handle temps in the 500-600* range.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    started a topic Has anyone tried salt block grilling yet?

Has anyone tried salt block grilling yet?

I will probably never do this since I watch salt intake so close... but has anyone tried this yet???

Click image for larger version

Name:	saltblockgrilling.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	34316
    Sur La Table Himalayan Salt Block http://goo.gl/295GpI

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis