Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Memorial Day Menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken thighs and turkey legs. Cross fowl.

Nothing says happy Memorial Day like some BBQ chicken thighs. Some sauce some just dry rub. My wife just ate 4.

425-450. Fat slab of apple in the egg for smoke purposes. I could taste the smoke but not a ton, they only cooked about 23 mins and could have come off a few mins earlier. Butt, thy are thighs. Endlessly forgiving.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0499.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.90 MB ID:	324549Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0504.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.55 MB ID:	324550

Today added pork belly to the menu. I went high heat and then down to low and overcooked it and it was still freakin awesome. Fat I. The chew, just great, even i a bit overcooked. Everyone killed it. Finished by dumping all in a foil pan off grate, one stick of butter Bc why the hell knot w pork belly, and two fistfuls of dark brown sugar. Covered in foil and another hour at 300. Harrissa and s/p before. Cooked to hard too quick and still great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0508.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	325208Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0513.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	325206Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0517.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	325207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0521.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	325209

Last edited by Notavegan; May 28, 2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Spare Ribs, marinated turkey breast strips from the butcher, hot dogs, brats, sausage... Maybe some chicken.... Sides are the in laws responsibility.

Comment

Mr. Bones. Recipe from this site. Only changes were more bacon (of course) and I had Jalapenos pepper and white mushrooms on hand so I used those. Next time I'll keep Jalapenos (1 just right for me ) and strike the white mushrooms and go with crimini. Posting on my phone now so pics to follow when time allows.
        http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beans/drunken_beans_frijoles_borracos.html

Comment

Grilled assorted sausages with cocktails for starters plus a few curry flavored beef turnovers. Main course will be two 4 lbs. pork butts for pulled pork sandwiches. Sides are cole slaw and pinto beans. Dessert is a kick-ass lemon custard tart with fresh whipped cream. Will be starting the cook at 0600 PDT on Monday. There will only be 5 of us, so expecting a lot of Food Saver pulled pork left overs packages for the freezer.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome! Now I'm going to have to make some slaw! And vinegar sauce. BTW, recipe for that tart would be appreciated!

i am prepping a pork belly and other misc recipes to make Asian pork belly bao. First time doing the Bao buns in a steamer and kind of wingin the belly with hoisin sauce and a sweet rub. Smokin it with a strong flavored wood probably up to 200 or so. Pickled beets and cucumber are going to complement the (sandwich) along with a few other sauces on the side. Kimchi may go well too but im leaving that up to the consumer. Wish me luck...!

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can find some 5 spice rub / powder, try to get it on there! Good luck!

Chuckie for Monday.

Comment

Right now....SLS ribs, grilled vegetables, garlic sour dough bread, berry pie. Oh and the bar is open

Comment

It's national burger day, soooooo....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3542.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	325254

Comment

Since my wife and I now observe proper nutrition, I do not think that our table will be full of different food. Recently, I felt terrible and decided to visit the doctor and it turned out that I had heart problems. In addition to the course of treatment I needed to start following a diet and I did so and took him as an assistant https://www.mealprep.com.au/p/nutritionist-review-hellofresh-for-families / which help me to observe my diet. In fact, I was seriously afraid for my health, but I'm glad that I finally started to follow the diet.
                Last edited by CameronAlsop; January 29, 2021, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to The Pit.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here