Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Annual “Mr. Bones, These Bones Are For You” Memorial Cook; March 24-26, 2023

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Annual “Mr. Bones, These Bones Are For You” Memorial Cook; March 24-26, 2023

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since we’ve lost our dear friend, Mr. Bones.

To honor him once again, we’re hosting our second annual These Bones Are For You! -Memorial Cook in his memory. Please join us for this celebration dedicated to the one and only “Bonsey”.

For those of you who are newer members and may not have had the opportunity to know him, Mr. Bones was the epitome of what this place is all about. He was kind, generous and always eager to help anyone who asked……even if they didn’t 😁. He never had a negative thing to say about anyone. He had a sense of humor and a way with words that were second to none. To this day he is truly missed.

I will have this thread closed and start a new thread on the evening of March 23rd for all of us to enjoy the glorious pics and memories of our friend Mr. Bones. If you can’t cook or post that weekend, no worries. Last year we had folks posting their tributes all the way until the later part of April. We are not going anywhere and want everyone to post when it is convenient for you.

Event Details

Event Dates: The Weekend of March 24th, 25th and 26th.
    You can cook anything any time before or after these dates.
    Please refrain from posting your cooks until the day of the 24th or throughout the weekend.

What to Cook: Anything you want! Although this is a “Rib Cook”, please feel free to share anything you would like to cook. It would also be great if you could include some fond memories you have of Mr. Bones. There are certainly no limitations here.
    Looking forward to an incredible time. It’s going to be a great way to keep the memory and spirt of Mr. Bones alive and well in
    The Pitmaster Club. This is going to be EPIC.
    Thanks to all. SteveB.

(For reference: Here’s the link to last year’s memorial Cook.
    https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-memorial-cook )

Hell yah, I'll be there!.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent. Glad you are joining in.

For Bonesy! And some blues music played on the Fender Strat in his honor!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your participation. This is gonna be fun.

• gdsim1
      gdsim1 commented
      Editing a comment
      We should all write up our posts in “Bonsey Stump Dumb Country Speak” when we post our pics and tributes! 😃 I know for certain it was all an act, but I think he’d get a kick out of it. 👍

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      gdsim1 That would be great. But I don’t think we would understand most of what we all say. 🤔😁

I did not know him, but have heard a lot about him, Sounds like a wonderful guy. I will join in.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. This is going to be a blast.

I'll do it but only because of Bonesy.
    Last edited by ofelles; February 23, 2023, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re funny. 😂. Happy to see you’re joining us.

I guess it is a good thing that I had already planned to cook beef short ribs on Sunday...

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s great. But the Memorial Cook is next month.
      Oh well. Just another reason to cook some more. 😁

• tstalafuse
      tstalafuse commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B I guess it is my bad for skimming the notice, but I blame you for the fine small print.

"epitome"

I see what you did there.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahahaha CN. I didn’t even think of that until you mentioned it.

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Punintentional!

Thanks Steve B for putting this together. I certainly will honor Bonesy with a cook. It will be done on the Kettle in memory of the couple that he owned.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome Richie. And the kettle is a great way to go.

Definitely cooking for Bonsey

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      It wouldn’t be the same without you Richard. This will be fun for sure.

It would be an honor to participate in anything remembering him.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      It will be an honor having you honor Bonsey.

It's on the calendar. Thanks for heading this up Steve!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the least I can do Skip. Glad you can join in.

Count me in, and thanks for doing this Steve.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s my pleasure Ron.
      That’s great. Looking forward to what you cook up.

Thanks for organizing this, Steve. I’ll be on my own that weekend, with my wife traveling. I’ll smoke some ribs on my new LSG. I was on the road for the first memorial cook, so I’ll try to do it up right this time. I still miss Bonsey so much.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      We all miss him.
      I’m sure you’ll come up with something great to on your LSG.

Right on, Steve, thanks for keeping this going. Bones was a true force of nature and he is greatly missed.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      That he was and is. Never be another Bones.

You bet. I’ll cook up some bones for Mr. Bones!! Book ‘Em Danno.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome. A great time coming up for sure.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here