Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you know you're in the right place....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How you know you're in the right place....

When they have an endcap on the aisle that looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0957.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1242190

Comment

just dump the whole end cap into your cart, lol

Comment

I use the duck fat spray fairly regularly ... and it's not bad. Might have to give the "wagyu" tallow a try ...

Comment

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          It can't be pure wagyu - not sure if it's clear in the pic, but that whole tub is only $27

ACE hardware

Comment

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually a local butcher but yes, Ace has a lot of this stuff too

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Darn - I was in ACE two days ago and they had the same stand/products. I was hoping this was a quiz and a prize was attached.

Yes, that is a great display. Imagine my surprise when the first place I ever found duck fat and black garlic locally was the local Walmart.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

We've come full circle and cooking with animal
            fat is finally the accepted wisdom again

Comment

• Bkhuna
              Bkhuna commented
              Editing a comment
              I never listen to the "experts". I've worked in a few research labs in my life and know the pitfalls of agenda based science.

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Bkhuna confirmation bias.

• Bkhuna
              Bkhuna commented
              Editing a comment
              texastweeter - It goes deeper than that. No researcher can afford to accept working capitol from a company and not find in favor of the companies claims. They will end up losing perks like business class or better travel to nice conferences in great locations, great parking spots in the shady lot of the university near their lab, etc.

My cardiologist wants to have a word with me….

Comment

What no pork lard?

Comment

WOW

Comment

We have that at gas stations in TX...lol can go buy a gallon of bacon grease right now too. But its a good start.

Comment

• MsTwiggy
                    MsTwiggy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What self respecting Texan doesn't already have a gallon of bacon grease at the side of their cookstove. Thats why they have it at the gas stations, there's a glut of bacon grease😅

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here