Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What food staple do you keep in your freezer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What food staple do you keep in your freezer?

I am curious. What food staple do you keep in your freezer? I am not looking for meats. I am interested in snack items or meal sides.

For me it's Totino's pizza rolls and Organics Potstickers.

What is yours?

Trader Joe's potato pancakes, TJ's orange chicken (can easily be a side or munchie), sliced/already made frozen garlic bread, mixed frozen veggies and green peas and string beans. All these are always restocked if used. There are some other staples, but not in the category you specified.

Comment

My wife always has a stockpile of frozen pizzas, I always keep at minimum 1 giant bag of frozen tilapia filets.

And then not always, but I try to keep a stockpile of bones and fat until I have enough to make tallow or broth.

Comment

I try to keep the Pizzas (Totinos, etc) rolling with extra pepperoni in the fridge.

Comment

Home made cookies

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            I like your style.

Braum's or Blue Bell Ice Cream!

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            More style points

Jamaican Beef Patties, turkey burgers, a bag of cheese tortellini.

Comment

I'm with RichardCullip on homemade cookies. There's nothing better than a fresh baked oatmeal or chocolate chip cookie.

I coaxed a recipe out of a contest organizer in Shreveport last year -- Change Your Life Cheesy Bread. I keep that frozen too. Goes great with tomato soup or anything.

Comment

• lostclusters
              lostclusters commented
              Editing a comment
              I think we are going to need that cheesy bread recipe there CandySueQ

Several of Patty Labelle’s frozen meals and sides. They’re pretty dang good, most of them you’d never guess it was frozen. The Okra Stew, Chicken and Biscuits, Brisket Stew and Mac and Cheese are my favorites. Sold only at Walmart.
            Attached Files

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John, great choices that pare well with PBR.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs These are really good for those nights when you just don’t feel like cooking. Are they gonna replace good old home made cooks, probably not, but…they are the best frozen meals I’ve found. Puts Banquet and most others to shame. Oh, and they also turn out just like the pictures on the box!
              Last edited by Panhead John; December 9, 2021, 03:33 PM.

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              saw her in town many many years ago, didn’t realize she could cook to. Will pick some up!

I'd say some basic sauces can usually be found in my freezer.

Frozen pizza sauce for one, for when the mood strikes. At the moment I even have some frozen pizza dough, and that mood is pounding at the door!

Pasta sauce too (my wife makes a mean alla matriciana).

Comment

We keep tater tots, pot pies, tortillas in our freezer for quick access.

We also keep our homemade chicken and beef stocks in the freezer in quart containers.
              Last edited by Texas Larry; December 9, 2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Texas Larry I didn’t know you could freeze tortillas. How long do they usually keep? I’ve always wound up throwing away half a bag a week or two later after using them, thinking they’d go bad in my fridge.

• Texas Larry
                Texas Larry commented
                Editing a comment
                Panhead John we get the H‑E‑B bakery tortillas with the plastic sheets separating them. They keep for a couple of weeks at least if well wrapped. Reheat in microwave wrapped in paper towels. Very handy for breakfast tacos.

Ore Ida Frozen Potatoes (French Fries, Crispy Crowns, Waffle Fries, Seasoned Zesties, etc.)

The grocery store has them on sale periodically for $1.69 a bag when bought in quantities of 5.

I'll get ten bags and be set for a month or two.

I believe frozen potatoes is what the air fryer was invented for.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't forget Frozen Onion Rings.

• tamidw
                tamidw commented
                Editing a comment
                Crispy crowns fried in bacon grease are awesome for breakfast potatoes!

CPK pizzas, baby lima beans, bagels from the local shop, home made waffles. This time of year cookies.

Comment

I have boring freezers. Just meat, breads, and some veggies in them.

Comment

Various chicken, beef, etc stocks rendered down, I occasionally have a few quarts of homemade red sauce. My wife likely has some ice cream bars. Otherwise it is various proteins. We no longer really buy anything in boxes or bags that would need to be frozen.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here