Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jalapeno Pepper Relish (A Glorious Canning Endeavor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2-Meat2
    replied
    Mrs. Meat-2 loves herself some canning. Among the more exotics she does a great habanero jelly (cut with an orange bell pepper to make the fire manageable and emphasize the fruity taste of the habanero), a sweet and spicy tomato jam (my favorite, absolutely delicious on lamb and big red meats), a date jam (perfect with a cheese plate). I can probably get her to share the recipes if anyone is interested ...

Spinaker, looking forward to your recipe and pics of the jalapeno relish ...

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    Hell Guys, I can't eat pictures send few jars to my address!! 😇😇😇😇 Dan

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I would be interested in reading that.

• gcdmd
    replied
    I make a jalapeno jelly which is great on cream cheese and water crackers. I haven't made any in a while, so I don't have pics, but I will share the recipe on request.

George

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Maybe I should have waited to post this.....The plan is, to do it on Saturday. I will write up a step by step deal on how I do it. I use small half pint jars because this stuff can be potent and you don't need much. Pics, recipe and technique to follow!! smarkley cdd315

Leave a comment:

• cdd315
    replied
    I'm with smarkley, details .. and pics!

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    DUDE!!!

This sounds great... we need details!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    started a topic Jalapeno Pepper Relish (A Glorious Canning Endeavor)

Jalapeno Pepper Relish (A Glorious Canning Endeavor)

Well my pepper garden is really kicking out some huge pepper harvests right now. However, being that October is right around the corner and the first northern frost isn't far behind, I know its time to start making one of my favorites. Sweet jalapeño Pepper relish. I love this stuff. I make it every year and its a big hit with a lot of the folks I surround myself with. Its great on sandwiches, dogs and brats, or just plain with tortilla chips, just about anything really. I am just getting geared up for this season. What are some of the other relishes that people make? Always curious to see what seasonal favorites my fellow pit masters are in too.

I will add some pictures when I start canning. (Maybe this weekend)
    Last edited by Spinaker; September 30, 2015, 10:34 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here