Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone in the Louisville area want to "cater" my bachelor party on January 29?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone in the Louisville area want to "cater" my bachelor party on January 29?

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I couldn't have thought of a better place for this request:
    • I'm having my bachelor party with about 22 people in Louisville during the weekend of January 29, 2022
    • On Saturday, we're going to the Louisville vs Duke game at noon, followed by a bourbon tasting or two before the evening
    • My grand vision is that we come home (and maybe even before we leave for the game) to someone preparing amazing food for us to eat for dinner
      • I've researched some restaurant catering options, but everything I've seen brings the food to you. While this would be fine, I think it'd be so cool to have someone start and finish the cook onsite (which may be difficult for brisket or pulled pork)
    Would anyone be interested in doing this and bringing your equipment to our house (we are renting a house with a huge lot)? If so, let me know, and we can discuss further!

Sounds fun. I have nothing to offer the thread except that, while I'm not a big city driving fan to begin with, Louisville remains my arch nemesis for city driving. Hope it works out for you, and if so, we want pics!

Comment

I also have nothing to offer, except to say that I love your user name!

Comment

As someone who recently did basically exactly this recently: You are going to have a difficult time arranging a professional caterer to do what you want for a reasonable price.

It was a LOT of work to put together. And spreading the cost of all those hours among only 22 heads will make it fairly expensive to pay someone to do.

I took on the challenge because I wanted to see if I could pull it off and I was happy to do it because I love my friend.

The only way I see this working for any reasonable cost is if one of the attendees does it, or at least coordinates it. I did nearly all the work myself, with the help of my wife, but could have probably recruited some help if I wanted. I agree with ComfortablyNumb Make it DIY and get a couple people involved. Prep what you can ahead of time so the folks feeding everyone still have fun inbetween meals.

If you do end up having a professional quote this to you, I'm certainly interested in hearing the prices they quote.

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials and best of luck with the party!

Comment

Consider hiring a food truck as an option. May not offer any bit of cost-savings, but could be fun alternative

Comment

Just invite at least one guy who doesn't like basketball OR bourbon, and leave him at the house tending the smokers while the rest of you have fun... He can shove pre-prepared sides into the oven an hour or two before you guys get back.

Seriously, it sounds like you will be gone all day, so it just doesn't seem that you will be there to watch someone preparing and smoking meat and sides all day long. Getting it catered with the food dropped off and as a value-add, setup, is probably the way to go. I had BBQ catered for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner for 80 folks, and they set it up in foil steam table pans with those cheap metal frames and cans of sterno, and it worked quite well.

If you want something no-fuss just so the guys can smell BBQ smoking all morning before you head to the game, take a Weber Kettle with you and set it up to smoke 2 Boston butts. Those can run unattended all day long if you set it up right.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here