Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked/Fried Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked/Fried Turkey

Anyone smoked a turkey for 2 hours or so @225 and then finished it by deep frying?.

We have done that for the past few years and plan to again this year. Turkey visually comes out perfect and tastes great. Not sure how much smoke flavor is picked up but the combination works and everybody loves it. 225 for about two hours or less depending on how all the trimmings are doing. About 45 minutes in the oil for a 15 pounder. Good luck,worth trying..

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to The Pit.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello from NW Oregon.
      I have never eaten deep-fried whole turkey. I have no intention to deep-fry a turkey. But I hear they are tasty. Smoke first sounds like a winner. Seconds thoughts are a-coming.
      I bet it would pair well with PBR.

• Mark Sr.
      Mark Sr. commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! I'll go for it. Thx.

Meat Church does a good video about this on YouTube. Welcome to the pit from central Texas.

Comment

• Mark Sr.
      Mark Sr. commented
      Editing a comment
      I was already subscribed to him and never saw it. Perfect for what I was thinking. Thx for the info!.

We've never tried. Be sure to show us what you do.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon.
      The fun and education from Amazing Ribs are all the questions and answers.
      happy grilling to you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here