Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but thank you everyone who answered questions or offered suggestions on technique this summer.

I started the year with a rusted out gas grill and a gift from my wife of the grill of my choosing. somehow I ended up with a Masterbuilt thermotemp XL, a blackstone griddle, and a PK360.

I cooked outside almost exclusively from the end of April to the end of October, and we rarely eat at restaurants. The recipes here, and the posts that I could dig through were an invaluable resource, as well as the community.

Best wishes to everyone, and thanks again

What a great compliment to all the folks on this site! I wish I had the time to cook out as often as you have been able to do. Someday…

Comment

• ChiefK
      ChiefK commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a streak of 63 days straight at one point, hahaha

Yes! This is a great place to start or up your outdoor cookin' game, (indoors too).

Comment

That is fantastic. I, too, thank all these folks on a regular basis but really never post my appreciation. I echo your sentiment! Thanks you all - you are tremendous!

Comment

Agreed, this site is full of excellent recipes & tips. As you have also self realized, also very willing to help you spend your money! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Very nice. I surely agree with you. Very well said

Comment

Couldn't agree more. I've spent some money, been inspired, and gotten way better at the grill game. Even better, as I share, my son and my dad get inspired and cook more, too😁. It's a big happy circle...

Comment

This site is a treasure trove of great information. Over the years I've gotten the most out of being in the Pitmaster Club. It's one thing to work through all of the great free content. It's quite another to be in search of some very specific cooking advice, pose the dilemma and quickly get well thought answers from talented home cooks (and beyond) and have those answers pay off when applied to whatever it is you are going to cook.

Comment

I have to add my thanks too. My cooking has improved exponentially since I joined this site. I've expanded my horizons and have tried foods I've never had before - because of this I have no point of reference but when I finally go to a restaurant and try a dish I made from this site I'm usually disappointed: my version is often much better than the restaurant's and that is all due to this place and the talented members of the Pitmaster Club.

Comment

• Caffeine88
                  Caffeine88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes!

• JeffJ
                  JeffJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. I neglected to mention that. I also have seen a considerable improvement in my cooking overall, but specifically outdoor cooking, as a result of what I've learned from others at the Pit.

• ChiefK
                  ChiefK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  exactly! Normal restaurant fare now pales in comparison

Absolutely. I gave BBQ/outdoor cooking a try back in 2008, before any of these resources existed. It was terrible. I picked it up again in late 2018 after stumbling upon MeatHead's book. The improvement, due nearly exclusively to the people on here, in my first six month is astonishing to me still.

Comment

Somehow? Are you hosin us or what? A PK, a Masterbuilt & a griddle just snuck into yer yard & youndecidedto cook the summer away! Well, good fer you AND yer wife. 👍

Comment

• ChiefK
                    ChiefK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    haha, yeah, it just kind of happened.
                    we're now working on designing a new patio and outdoor kitchen. cheaper than buying a Corvette for my midlife crisis I guess😂😂

You are most welcome.

Comment

ChiefK Many Thanks fer what yerself has brought to this forum, Sir...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here