Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Wars

How similar are your and your significant others food tastes? Do ya like the same things or not. Does one of you prefer healthier foods than the other? Have your tastes gotten closer or farther apart, or still the same?

My wife and I now have different tastes. We used to be similar, but in the last few years, my wife has decided to eat healthier while my tastes have not changed, (and it shows... ).

And I didn't want to leave Panhead John out...
    We are very similar.
    13.46%
    We agree most of the time.
    38.46%
    We are somewhat divergent.
    34.62%
    We seldom agree.
    7.69%
    My inflatable girlfriend doesn't eat much...
    5.77%

I'm single but my dogs like anything I cook except hot peppers.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      One of my dogs was having issues begging, so I was eating some hot salsa with a friend and was like "fine, you wanna beg... you're about to learn a lesson"... gave her a chip with a little of the hot sauce on it, one lick and I figured she'd stop... nope, ate the whole thing, then threw up on my brand new shoes. As is typical, the master learned the lesson meant for the pupper

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried that trick with hot peppers, and also Wasabi sauce, My dogs just wanted more.

My wife and I differ on a few things, but for the most part we are very similar. It’s kinda weird…we usually order the same thing when we go to a restaurant.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      If my wife orders something and I order the same thing, my wife will change her order. She almost always wants to sample my order, but she orders a lot of stuff I have no interest in.

Strange how similar and divergent are so close

Comment

My wife is a picky eater. But after 41 years we have both learned to adapt.

Comment

We both like sushi, but until recently I wouldn't eat any of her pieces if even a single fish egg was on it. I'll reluctantly eat those pieces now, but not a fan. I used fish eggs as bait when I was a kid.

The only things she's super into that I'm not other than the fish eggs is cream of "anything", potato or egg salads, deviled eggs (just not my thing but I make them for her a lot, and will have one), plantains, and rhubarb.

The only things I like that she won't eat is fat (makes me sad when we eat a great prime rib or pork chop), oysters, and hot things (though she used to not do jalapenos, and now will put hot sauce on lots of things so we are making progress)

Comment

I just do what I'm told.
          And it better be on the table at 5:18 when she walks in the door or I'm meat on a stick....

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Wrapped in bacon?

I like bread and butter, she likes toast and jam.
          The Newbeats Bread And Butter 1964 Stereo YouTube 360p - Bing video

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember that song, but not the poor video quality.

One-way street here, I will eat everything she likes, but not so much the other way.

Comment

Did not know my girlfriend had a twin until I saw her inflatable sister online here on AR.

Comment

My wife is not a fan of steak, but we share almost all other food preferences (well, she gets my olives if there happen to be any on my plate). The big exception, however, is the huge cultural war in the holidays when it comes time to top the green bean casserole. As an uninformed person from Kansas, she insists on crumbled potato chips on top, when everybody from cultured places, like Oklahoma, knows that the canned onion rings are the only way to go.

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait what?!? There are people that DON'T use the canned onion rings??

I get migraines and I am lactose intolerant. No dairy products, very limited sugar, no chocolate. Limited to some fruits.
              Luckily, I can eat all the proteins and green veggies I want and just about any Asian food. My wife has a very broad palet, but she graciously cooks within my limits using Margarine, and Lactaid milk.

Comment

She eats what I cook, and she don't cook, sooo......

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In no way, shape, or form FireMan. Truthfully, we are straight up partners. Probably because we didn't have children, which rightfully tips the scales in mommies directions. Plus, I'm indispensable in the kitchen!

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Indispensable, so life couldn’t go on without ya huh? 🙃

• Draznnl
                  Draznnl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you need a bigger spoon to stir that pot FireMan?

BF is a creature of habit. EX: I bought kielbasa (haven’t worked up the courage to try my own) the other day with the intention of a sandwich with grilled onions. He hit a wall: kielbasa is supposed to be in a breakfast skillet. Period. Guess what he had for brunch this morning? However, since we met (1999) until now, his tastes have been greatly refined and his palette has broadened.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gotsta git him trained up right, Friendgirl...

As long as it's not smoked, cooked on charcoal, includes pork, spicy at any level and there is a full a moon the night I'm cooking she's fine with my cooks. Kidding about the moon?
                Example, ribs done recently. On Gasser no smoke. Next rack, on Kettle with smoke. She wants ribs, go to Applebee's.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                  SheilaAnn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was gonna say tony Roma’s based on a previous thread.

But you love her nonetheless right?

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ask her, kindly, to bring ya back some beer, and/or bourbon, on her way back from Applebees. or Tony Roma's, either one ...no sense wastin Fossil Fuels, eh? !

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @sheliaAnn yes after close to 48 years, I'd say love is there. There are other factors in a marriage, especially one that is coming up on a half a century. Would never do anything different other than change the food she enjoys. Note: she has not always been like this.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here