Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Pit Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Pit Boys

I saw a few mentions of them here and looked through the site. They are quite creative. Potato Bombs are now on my to-do list.

Potato Bombs

Potato Bombs Potato Bombs Taters Gone Wild, these BBQ Pit Boys stuffed Baked Potato Bombs are kick-ass good eatin' at any Pit, family picnic or tailgating party. So crank up the music, put your BBQ Shoes on, pop open a beer, and grab some spuds because Taters don't get any better than this. For this Potato Bombs recipe you're going to need the following ingredients: Russet potatoes Sour Cream, use your favorite. We used a combination the following cold cuts of meats: Ham Sliced Turkey Bruscuto Corned Beef Italian sausages, Breakfast sausage Smoked German sausage Hot Dogs Cooked Bacon Butter Habanero cheese Cheddar cheese Cheddar Cheese Garlic Scallion Method Use an apple corer to take the centre out of the potato and keep the core . You're going to use it to plug each end to hold in the stuffing. 3/4 fill the cavity with your selection of meats and cheeses and use the core to plug each end of the potato to seal it up. Take a slice of uncooked bacon and wrap the potato around the outside, the bacon will tighten up ads it cooks wrap the stuffed Potato with aluminum foil. Note, many people ask about which side of the aluminum foil is the right side to use,, use any side you like, it's an urban myth that there is a right or wrong side Cook on a preheated gill at 375 -400 f ( 190-200 C), for about 1 hour, maybe 1 hour 15 min until they are done At about halfway through the cook, flip and rotate the potatoes to ensure even cooking. Serving Finley chop up some scallion (spring onion) and mix with the sour cream and add to the cooked potato bomb.

Bacon Onion Rings:

BACON ONION RINGS Watch the BBQ Pit Boys show you how easy it is to take those ordinary Fried Onion Rings and make them a side dish worth cookin' up for family and friends THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED: Onion 3 , cut into rings Pork belly bacon 1 Pound, regular cut FOR BATTER Semolina flour 1 Cup (16 tbs) All purpose flour 1 Cup (16 tbs) Salt To Taste Garlic powder To Taste Beer 2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed) OTHER INGREDIENTS: Corn oil 2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying) DIRECTIONS GETTING READY 1. Preheat grill. MAKING 2. Wrap each onion ring with 2 slices of bacon. Place the onions rings on the grill at a region of indirect heat, cook at 275-300F for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Flip after an hour. 3. In a bowl mix together semolina, all purpose flour, salt and garlic powder, add enough beef to get batter consistency while mixing constantly. 4. In a pot, heat oil, dip each ring in batter and fry until crisp and brown. SERVING 5. Serve with your choice of beverage.

BBQ Fried Ribs:

BBQ FRIED RIBS BBQ FRIED RIBS Watch the BBQ Pit Boys

Definitely going to try the fried ribs recipe. Thanks for the video link

Comment

Yea, they have something going. I love their personality and presentation and their cooks.

Comment

I have tried a few of their recipes. Good stuff. Try the bbq peppered spit chicken. Awesome.

Comment

I watched them a lot when I was first getting started. They have over thirteen years of videos! I need to see what they've been up to lately.

Comment

I enjoy them. Entertaining. They have built quite the brand and I especially like their knives, old hickory.

Comment

I've made several of their recipes and I really like their apple cider turkey brine recipe.

Comment

The bacon onion rings are good, made them a few times. Moved on to large bacon wrapped tater tots after that (with jalapenos and cheddar in them).

Comment

I liked their videos as they used a Weber Kettle for the most part, which is what I had when just starting out. Also, they are very beginner friendly, without making you feel like a beginner: "But you know how to do that right?" and then proceed to show you in detail.

As I have a background in video production, one thing that I found so fascinating about them is that their primary set -- which I believe is the lead guy's backyard -- looks like it out in the woods; however, in some of their videos, they'll do an overhead shot and it appears to be a moderately-sized residential lot. You can see the privacy fence and where the grill is in relation to the house (it's right up against it, but you rarely see the house in a shot). Amazing what a camera can hide or reveal.

Comment

• 58limited
                    58limited commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do like their narration: "Through the magic of time." "But you know all about that, right?" "Pitmaster Privilege" Its Guud!" etc.

• DavidNorcross
                    DavidNorcross commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have never noticed this. I had also heard that the lead guy is a trained chef.

They are entertaining.

Comment

The first link by the OP doesn't go to a video; just a wrtten recipe. And even though there apears to be a video on that page, there isn't actually a link associated with the WATCH NOW picture. Is there a video for the potato bomb?

Comment

Originally posted by dubob View Post
                    The first link by the OP doesn't go to a video; just a wrtten recipe. And even though there apears to be a video on that page, there isn't actually a link associated with the WATCH NOW picture. Is there a video for the potato bomb?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Baby approval picture.gif
Views:	122
Size:	950.6 KB
ID:	1112059

Comment

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Love that one!

I actually made a potato bomb yesterday. It turned out pretty well but there is a bit of a learning curve in terms of how much you can stuff in there. I did mine with minced garlic, butter, cheese, and topped with sour cream for service. The best thing was I used a strip of Wright bacon to wrap it, and man, that is some nice bacon.
                    Last edited by STEbbq; October 18, 2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here