Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    No I smoke the banana and I tie the bandana

• jpietrantone
    replied
    Honestly I don't have a list of what I want to cook. I guess I'm a little boring and keep going back to the staples. However, I do tweak things a little when I find a new technique that interests me.

And yes, what I have on hand in the freezer definitely drives the direction of the meal.

Leave a comment:

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Hahaha glad I wasn't the only one!

• ofelles
    replied
    I first read that as "I tie a banana to my head and go cook whatever it is"

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I have three commercial style soft box photo lights and my flash attachment. Black table cloth on the dining table is the basic backdrop.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have any special lights or anything for food photo or it is just a well lit room that works ?

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Make shift studio is our formal dining room which gets used like 2-3 times a year. It's my defacto photo studio the other 363 days

• STEbbq
    replied
    What is your make-shift studio?

I dunno about you, but I want to get that AR patch so I can put on my AR apron when I am cooking and be reminded of my Pit buddies.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    started a topic Cooking Evolution

Cooking Evolution

After reading RichieB 's post 'A-question-i-had-for-myself-while-eating-tonight', I got to thinking about "the line up" or "the list" of things we have in mind for cooking. We see folks saying that a lot but what does that mean to you? I'm probably 5-6 meals behind where I generally am at any given point in time. Sometimes what's in my over crowded freezer dictates my move or every so often I see a YouTuber do something that resonates with me so I stop and re-create whatever that was.

Once it makes it to the top of the list, I begin my research. Yea that's right I research whatever it is that I've never cooked or want to know something about. Then I sit down and plan thinking through the steps necessary in my head. I then make a list of essentials from the store that I don't have on hand in the pantry. That will include paring the appropriate sides to accentuate the main offering. Plating (and thus the photography of the dish) is also thought through. What presentation dish am I going to use? What background do I setup in my make shift studio?

Then I tie a bandana to my forehead and go cook whatever it is. Maybe a cuss word or two along the way but if I'm not exhausted at the end, I haven't achieved my goal. I know, I'm a little off but that's my routine, what's yours??

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here