Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you eat dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you eat dinner?

I'm curious about when everyone eats dinner. My buddy who lives across the street thinks eating at 5 is typical. Even though I work from home, I still usually work until 5 pm so it would be impossible to eat at 5 pm considering I actually cook. If I had to commute, it would push things back further therefore I can't see how working people can eat at 5 pm. I think 7 pm is probably my average dinner time but I'm going to choose 6 pm, 7 pm, and 8 pm because dinnertime varies at my house.
    4 pm
    4.23%
    5 pm
    12.68%
    6 pm
    47.89%
    7 pm
    52.11%
    8 pm
    21.13%
    9 pm
    4.23%
    10 pm
    0%

7 PM-8PM, usually.

Comment

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Usually in the evening.

Comment

I have two boys under 5. When I get home from work at six, it's playtime, dance party, bed at seven and 30 minutes of reading to them. THEN, we start cooking dinner. My wife and I love to cook together, so we have to do it after bed time.

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s rad!

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Best answer

We’re both retired so no time conflicts. We eat just twice a day. Brunch around 10 AM and dinner around 5 PM.

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        #goals

When it’s done cookin If I’m planning well, 6-7.

Comment

I'm retired and do most of the cooking. We try to eat around 6, but that's not set in stone. I do have a hiatal hernia, so I'm not supposed to eat for at least 3 hours before I go to bed, so I try to make sure that happens.

Comment

5:18!!!!
          My wife walks in the door from work at 5:16, dinner had better be ready or someone's gunna hear about it.
          When she's hungry its 5'0" and 103lbs of spite, malice, hate, rage....on an empty stomach I'd be afraid for the zombies....
          feed her, softer n a pussy cat.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh my gawd, dude you need to come down here ... then stay

• tmaan235
            tmaan235 commented
            Editing a comment
            My ex was that way, hungry and no food, prepare for armageddon including bleeding from the eyesockets and biblical disasters We coined a word for it, Hangry, hungry and mad!!

Growing up we never ate before 8 because we couldn’t eat until my dad came home and we always ate as a family. Usually closer to 8:30. I grew up thinking that was normal. At Marquette I noticed that was considered late and once I started dating my wife, who’s Italian, well, that was the end of that for me. Sunday family dinners with the now in-laws would start around 4 when we were dating. Now, 2 kids later, we eat between 5-6 on average. Working from home allows me to eat with them now because I work about 45 minutes away. Of course when I smoking something…..then all bets are off 😜

Comment

I voted 6 and 7, although we will occasionally eat as early as 5 or as late as 8. If its early its because we've got stuff later on and we're getting it out of the way (and usually minimal cooking or a crockpot meal), if its late its probably because I mis-timed something. We usually shoot for 6 and it winds up being somewhere between the 2.

Comment

On a good night we eat 8:30-9:00. Often it's 9:30ish.
              I don't get home from work until about 7:00. Than take care of the dogs and other BS things.
              I would love to eat earlier. But such is life. Oh and I am the only one who cooks soooo.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                And she doesn't like most of it........sounds like a her problem.

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Spinaker 😂😂😂

6 to 7. I work from home, but I want to eat late enough that I'm not getting hungry right as I go to bed (10-11) and I usually work until 430 or so depending on what's happening in work life. I've eaten earlier and later, but sometime in the 6-7 timeframe works.

Comment

I eat dinner like clockwork around the Panhead household. Always between 7-7:30. I don’t let no damn woman tell me when to eat! (mainly cause there ain’t one around)

Comment

Wife sometimes cooks during the week, I might once or twice. Weekends are for the Troutman's gourmet specials. I usually start by 3pm and damned if we don't end up eating until 7-7:30pm. I'm too much the perfectionist, then photographer, then get stuck doing the dishes, to enjoy my own food. I need to marry myself, I'd make an excellent housewife

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ll marry you Troutman. I’ve got a blonde wig, a halter top and some high heels. Will that work?

• DavidNorcross
                    DavidNorcross commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Panhead John I knew that was coming

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hmmm, I could be on the market soon too if I move to Texas.
                    I've been told I have sexy feet, the rest of me....not so much.

I grew up in Johnson County Indiana in a farm community and the term dinner often meant lunch. Especially Sunday dinner. It was the meal after church. Supper was what we ate at night. I still call my evening meal supper, but I use it interchangeably with dinner. And I always call my noon meal lunch now.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup. Breakfast, dinner, supper was th deal, fer us, too...

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    +2

• IowaGirl
                    IowaGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dinner, the way I was raised, is the main, largest meal of the day, but there is no time defined in its meaning. Supper and lunch are lighter meals with an implied time of day. Supper is in the evening. Lunch is around midday.

A person could eat breakfast-lunch-supper or breakfast-dinner-supper or breakfast-lunch-dinner.

When I moved back to rural Iowa from metro Kansas City, I loved that supper was once again a word I could use and people would understand what I meant.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here