Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret to BBQ success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret to BBQ success

From the book Legends of Texas Barbecue, Robb Walsh

"The secrets to prize-winning barbecue are patience, diligence, timing, the ability to judge cooking temperature, and an instinct for what meat smells and feels like when it reaches the perfect level of doneness."

And that is the recipe for good bbq, rather make that Barbecue.

This "Cook Book" is a great read, along with recipes. When I read the above I felt the need to share.

He forgot a certain degree of luck....and PBR's....

Comment

Love Walsh’s books. Good journalistic histories, stories, and recipes.

Comment

Never heard of the guy. Dude looks to be a James Beard triple taker.

Always admired people who write so much....coherently.

Comment

This is a good one!

Comment

I got that book. Bought it like 15 years ago. One of my favorites and use one of the rubs from the book as my "all purpose rub".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here