Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: Would you mix champagne and fast food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY POLL: Would you mix champagne and fast food?

Granted that this article is more of an opinion rather than something more of a fact/science, study, or marketing-based piece.

But there's at least one person out there who says that CHAMPAGNE AND FAST FOOD is the "perfect pairing" to experience at least once, perhaps on a special occasion such as your birthday, New Year’s Eve, or the birth of a child.

I have so many questions, but we can start with: have you tried this / would you try this?

(and no, the "champagne of beers" aka Miller High Life, does not count)

I’m a follower of the H.L Mencken view of the world so I wonder about 8 or 9 polls or questions in the last month asking about our preferences. Why so interested?

Comment

So…I’m generally not a fan of Champagne so I have to wonder if the point of the article may indeed make the champagne sing: That champagne is enhanced by consuming it with food that is high in fat and salt.

Perhaps trying champagne with such food would better help me understand and appreciate why so many people seem to like drinking it. I have had good Cava (Spain’s superior - so far, IMO - version of champagne) and we even have a local winery here that makes a supposedly very good version of sparkling wine ( https://www.gruetwinery.com ).

I guess it is time to try pairing it up with fast food to see if it "sings". And if fat and salt is the key to delicious sparkling wine, then I may as well also try it with SPAM or with the bologna posting kindly provided by WillTravelForFood
      Last edited by Arsenlael; September 19, 2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Great Science in th makin!

So, now I havedta add a bottle of Cold Duck to my shoppin list???

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Cold Duck is not champagne. Cold Duck is hard to get, as they duck.

Originally posted by Donw View Post
      I’m a follower of the H.L Mencken view of the world so I wonder about 8 or 9 polls or questions in the last month asking about our preferences. Why so interested?
      Have to do something while food is cooking, why not have a chat?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        +H.L.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Good answer. Enjoy the cook.🙂

Of course Champagne goes with fast food!!! As my mother would constantly remind us (she was very progressive in her day), NOTHING is too good for the Working Class!

Comment

Not a huge fan of champagne. So for me it is a no go.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Copy dat, David!

• jpietrantone
          jpietrantone commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, same here! It would ruin my taco bell!

I'll check with my son. He has champagne with the birthday brisket yesterday. hold on.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          On th side...

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          He has approved the combination.

• crazytown3
          crazytown3 commented
          Editing a comment
          10-4 on that approval good buddy. Me, I like a nice sparkling prosecco with just about whatever I have the bottle sitting next to at the time.

No. Not a fan of champagne.

Comment

champagne comes from Champagne France, So no.
          USA sparkling wine, sure when mixed is 7UP.
          Does Ripple, or ThunderBird count.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Counts, if'n that's what ya wanna drank, I'd havedta reckon...

Gotta admire yer courage, an Moxie...

Little background info: there was a time in my life (which lasted Quite Some Time, btw) that I drank probly 24, or more PBRs a day...then commenced to git DRUNK!!!...FACT....

Me? I got better...

Ripple or Thunderbird, with / without 7-Up???

My guts are literally all kinda gurglin, jus from readin it^^, Brother

Sry. Hard Pass.

You do You!!!
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 19, 2021, 03:46 PM.

Are we talking some box wine mixed with lemon-lime Nehi or the fancy bottle-cap stuff? 'cause yes is the answer.

Comment

Champagne is OK, but not good enough for me to buy it. If someone brings the stuff to a fast food place, I'd take a whack at it...

Comment

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              ....any port in a storm....

Not sure if I ever tasted champagne. I am aware that Pepto is the champagne of diarrhea medicine.

Comment

Addendum: I reckon I ~~~might~~~ try it jus once...

Jus depends on what colour(s), texture(s), an viscosity yall wanna see me puke.

Comment

Shoot, one brut champagne and McChicken sounds ok

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here