Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: Would you mix champagne and fast food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Cold Duck is not champagne. Cold Duck is hard to get, as they duck.

• latenight71
    replied
    Are we talking some box wine mixed with lemon-lime Nehi or the fancy bottle-cap stuff? 'cause yes is the answer.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    champagne comes from Champagne France, So no.
    USA sparkling wine, sure when mixed is 7UP.
    Does Ripple, or ThunderBird count.

Leave a comment:

• kjbarth
    replied
    No. Not a fan of champagne.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    Good answer. Enjoy the cook.🙂

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    On th side...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Copy dat, David!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    +H.L.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I'll check with my son. He has champagne with the birthday brisket yesterday. hold on.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Not a huge fan of champagne. So for me it is a no go.

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    Of course Champagne goes with fast food!!! As my mother would constantly remind us (she was very progressive in her day), NOTHING is too good for the Working Class!

Leave a comment:

• WillTravelForFood
    replied
    Originally posted by Donw View Post
    I’m a follower of the H.L Mencken view of the world so I wonder about 8 or 9 polls or questions in the last month asking about our preferences. Why so interested?
    Have to do something while food is cooking, why not have a chat?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Great Science in th makin!

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    So, now I havedta add a bottle of Cold Duck to my shoppin list???

Leave a comment:

• Arsenlael
    replied
    So…I’m generally not a fan of Champagne so I have to wonder if the point of the article may indeed make the champagne sing: That champagne is enhanced by consuming it with food that is high in fat and salt.

Perhaps trying champagne with such food would better help me understand and appreciate why so many people seem to like drinking it. I have had good Cava (Spain’s superior - so far, IMO - version of champagne) and we even have a local winery here that makes a supposedly very good version of sparkling wine ( https://www.gruetwinery.com ).

I guess it is time to try pairing it up with fast food to see if it "sings". And if fat and salt is the key to delicious sparkling wine, then I may as well also try it with SPAM or with the bologna posting kindly provided by WillTravelForFood
    Last edited by Arsenlael; September 19, 2021, 10:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here