Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: Would you mix champagne and fast food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfdog
    replied
    Hmmm, champagne is something that I have occasionally…

By occasionally I mean every time I’m in SoCal. LOL
    My GF and I generally do brunch every morning that I’m here/there. Anyway, champagne (brut in our case) is ALWAYS on the menu. And never once have I considered pairing it with fast food. Granted, I’m a firm believer that fast food is best not eaten to begin with, so there’s that. But the thought of champagne, or a good sparkling wine, with a fast food burger or some other dreck sounds revolting. LOL

I’ll stick with tried & true dishes. ;-)

(And no, I don’t want to figure out how many cases we go through in a year. LOL)

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Don't forget your Emily Post....pinky out.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    ....any port in a storm....

• gboss
    replied
    Kirkland DOCG Prosecco is $7/bottle. It gets paired with a lot of things.

Leave a comment:

• JustKyle
    commented on 's reply
    I just came here to type this same thing.

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    Champaign is something I chug if it is the only alcohol left at 2am

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    He has approved the combination.

• USMCCrashCrew89
    replied
    I could get down with a mimosa and a sausage egg McMuffin.

Leave a comment:

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    Yes! Because Champagne. 🥂
    actually champagne pairs very well with fried food. So I would pair it with fried chicken!

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    I do enjoy champagne a lot. Usually have it at Christmas and Thanksgiving only. Have had it with fast food and still enjoyed it although that was years ago. Tends to come out only for very special occasions so usually having fast food won’t be an option as we have been working on the meal too to make the entire occasion memorable.

Leave a comment:

• jhapka
    replied
    Shoot, one brut champagne and McChicken sounds ok

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Addendum: I reckon I ~~~might~~~ try it jus once...

Jus depends on what colour(s), texture(s), an viscosity yall wanna see me puke.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Not sure if I ever tasted champagne. I am aware that Pepto is the champagne of diarrhea medicine.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Counts, if'n that's what ya wanna drank, I'd havedta reckon...

Gotta admire yer courage, an Moxie...

Little background info: there was a time in my life (which lasted Quite Some Time, btw) that I drank probly 24, or more PBRs a day...then commenced to git DRUNK!!!...FACT....

Me? I got better...

Ripple or Thunderbird, with / without 7-Up???

My guts are literally all kinda gurglin, jus from readin it^^, Brother

Sry. Hard Pass.

You do You!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 19, 2021, 03:46 PM.

• RonB
    replied
    Champagne is OK, but not good enough for me to buy it. If someone brings the stuff to a fast food place, I'd take a whack at it...

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here