Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: Would you mix champagne and fast food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY POLL: Would you mix champagne and fast food?

Granted that this article is more of an opinion rather than something more of a fact/science, study, or marketing-based piece.

But there's at least one person out there who says that CHAMPAGNE AND FAST FOOD is the "perfect pairing" to experience at least once, perhaps on a special occasion such as your birthday, New Year’s Eve, or the birth of a child.

I have so many questions, but we can start with: have you tried this / would you try this?

(and no, the "champagne of beers" aka Miller High Life, does not count)

https://lifehacker.com/champagne-and...ing-1847681883

I’m a follower of the H.L Mencken view of the world so I wonder about 8 or 9 polls or questions in the last month asking about our preferences. Why so interested?

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      So, do you prefer a poll or just a question about your preferences?

So…I’m generally not a fan of Champagne so I have to wonder if the point of the article may indeed make the champagne sing: That champagne is enhanced by consuming it with food that is high in fat and salt.

Perhaps trying champagne with such food would better help me understand and appreciate why so many people seem to like drinking it. I have had good Cava (Spain’s superior - so far, IMO - version of champagne) and we even have a local winery here that makes a supposedly very good version of sparkling wine ( https://www.gruetwinery.com ).

I guess it is time to try pairing it up with fast food to see if it “sings”. And if fat and salt is the key to delicious sparkling wine, then I may as well also try it with SPAM or with the bologna posting kindly provided by WillTravelForFood
    Last edited by Arsenlael; September 19, 2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Science in th makin!

So, now I havedta add a bottle of Cold Duck to my shoppin list???

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Cold Duck is not champagne. Cold Duck is hard to get, as they duck.

Originally posted by Donw View Post
    I’m a follower of the H.L Mencken view of the world so I wonder about 8 or 9 polls or questions in the last month asking about our preferences. Why so interested?
    Have to do something while food is cooking, why not have a chat?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      +H.L.

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Good answer. Enjoy the cook.🙂

Of course Champagne goes with fast food!!! As my mother would constantly remind us (she was very progressive in her day), NOTHING is too good for the Working Class!

Comment

Not a huge fan of champagne. So for me it is a no go.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy dat, David!

• jpietrantone
        jpietrantone commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, same here! It would ruin my taco bell!

I'll check with my son. He has champagne with the birthday brisket yesterday. hold on.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        On th side...

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        He has approved the combination.

• crazytown3
        crazytown3 commented
        Editing a comment
        10-4 on that approval good buddy. Me, I like a nice sparkling prosecco with just about whatever I have the bottle sitting next to at the time.

No. Not a fan of champagne.

Comment

champagne comes from Champagne France, So no.
        USA sparkling wine, sure when mixed is 7UP.
        Does Ripple, or ThunderBird count.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Counts, if'n that's what ya wanna drank, I'd havedta reckon...

Gotta admire yer courage, an Moxie...

Little background info: there was a time in my life (which lasted Quite Some Time, btw) that I drank probly 24, or more PBRs a day...then commenced to git DRUNK!!!...FACT....

Me? I got better...

Ripple or Thunderbird, with / without 7-Up???

My guts are literally all kinda gurglin, jus from readin it^^, Brother

Sry. Hard Pass.

You do You!!!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 19, 2021, 03:46 PM.

Are we talking some box wine mixed with lemon-lime Nehi or the fancy bottle-cap stuff? 'cause yes is the answer.

Comment

Champagne is OK, but not good enough for me to buy it. If someone brings the stuff to a fast food place, I'd take a whack at it...

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            ....any port in a storm....

Not sure if I ever tasted champagne. I am aware that Pepto is the champagne of diarrhea medicine.

Comment

Addendum: I reckon I ~~~might~~~ try it jus once...

Jus depends on what colour(s), texture(s), an viscosity yall wanna see me puke.

Comment

Shoot, one brut champagne and McChicken sounds ok

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain’s portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it’s also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

Comprehensive Temperature Magnet With 80+ Important Temps

Amazingribs.com temperature magnet
              Winner of the National BBQ Association’s product of the year award. This 8.5″ x 11″ magnet contains more that 80 benchmark temperatures for meats (both USDA recommended temps as well as the temps chefs recommend), fats and oils, sugars, sous vide, eggs, collagens, wood combustion, breads, and more. Although it is not certified as all-weather, we have tested it outdoors in Chicago weather and it has not delaminated in three years, but there is minor fading.

Click here to order.

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The InfraredZone

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp’s dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’.

Click here to read our detailed review