Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding Ribs overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding Ribs overnight

I am wanting to do 3 racks of baby back ribs for company that is coming and would like to smoke the night before to avoid the rush the next day. I have decided on a Malcom Reed technique.
    My question is.
    Would it be acceptable to cook the night before, refrigerate, and rewarm the next afternoon?
    Any tricks or techniques to rewarming if it is possible?
    I am willing to cook same day if the results are better. Just trying to save time.
    Thank you.

There are a lot of good rib reheating tips over on this topic, Debra .

I am giving ribs as a Christmas gift to a couple of family members this year. I will cooked them Christmas eve, vacuum seal, freeze and hand them over on Christmas day. Ordinarily, I would never do this, but these family members would rather reheat my ribs than have none at all. On to my question: how should I instruct

Also a specific sous vide rib reheating method is mentioned here:

I'm reheating some spare ribs that have been smoked and frozen. They are in the fridge now. I plan on putting them in the sous vide to thaw and heat them for dinner. Is it possible to over cook the ribs in the sous vide bath? How long should I have them in the bath before dinner? What temp do you reheat them at? Thanks.

HTH,
    Kathryn

Comment

Ditto, great question and answer.

I learn so much on Amazing Ribs.com.
      After covid, I will have to try the above.

Comment

I wrap in foil, fridge, then reheat at 200 for 3-4 hours in the morning to be ready by lunch. Sometimes I bump it to 250 the last 20 minutes or so if I don't think I had em in the oven long enough. Never had an issue with 'em being dry or anything. Though sometimes the glaze will try to stick to the foil if the oven is running a little hot.

Comment

Hail yeah, it'll be jus fine...

Wrap em tight to keep in moisture, mebbe even add a smidge yer fave liquid(s),beer, bourbon, wine, even some butter, too

I do dry ribs, so I don't put no sauce, but you do you...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 18, 2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here