Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: When tailgating for football (pro or college) - when do you start cooking/eating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY POLL: When tailgating for football (pro or college) - when do you start cooking/eating?

Now that we're in the swing of football season, let's talk about tailgating a bit.

Since I like to be walking into the game with plenty of time to mosey around the stadium, I like to be wrapping up the tailgate about an hour before gametime. Which means that cooking should be done at least 90m before as well.

That said, what time do you start your tailgating cookery? Do you pre-cook and just do some snacking at the game, or do you set up a whole portable grill station and fire that baby up 4 hours ahead of time? (more interesting - what do you do with the hot cookspace during the game?)

[ the "when do you start drinking at a tailgate" question will be a different topic for a different week ]

trick question...

I don't watch me any football, less'n my Homeboys in th Bowl Game...

still make plenty of food items fer them what does, though

Comment

Not to much trail gating up here because of Ontario's antiquated liquor laws.
      You crack open a beer up here in a parking lot you'll be charged.
      Not saying some don't pull it off but BMO field and the Rogers Center/Skydome are downtown so parking at the stadiums is at a premium with a large police presence.
      The Argo's tried to start tail gating but you had to buy they're beer at huge mark ups.
      I like to get into the stadium early too, wander, watch warm ups, luckily my last few games have had box seats so get there early and eat, drink for free.

Comment

I typically won’t tailgate at all. Way too much hassle. Instead, when attending a game, either baseball or football, (Packers, Brewers, or U of Wisconsin) we start out a couple hours before the game at one of the sports bars near the stadium. They all have free shuttle busses that drop you off and pick you up at the main gate. So it goes like this: Uber or taxi as appropriate to and from the sports bar, party our brains out before, during, and after the game. No fuss, no muss, and safe.

Comment

Parking lots open 5 hrs before game time for Giants games at Giants Stadium. I’m in line waiting for them to open before games.

Have a few different tailgate cookers, Weber 18 kettle, one of those little rectangular Weber portable tabletop gas grills, and a Camp Chef dual tabletop gas burner. Use the kettle more later in the season when cold to cook and as a heat source. I bring a metal can with metal lid to put hot coals in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here