Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDAY POLL: How ya like your bacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUNDAY POLL: How ya like your bacon?

How do you like your bacon cooked: crispy or floppy?

(for the record, there's only one correct answer - extra crispy. Just say "no" to floppy/limp bacon)

Crispy, but not over done.

It is best in a cast iron skillet with a press on top. I am kinda OCD with my bacon, I like it to be flat when it comes out.

Comment

You it's funny, my wife asked me that same question last night before bed.

Comment

Chewy. It needs fat still present or else it's just whole bacon bits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oven-Baked-Bacon-Square-720x720.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1088590

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          If it's completely crispy just throw it away and start over.

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. Chewy.

With a bit of bend just before you get to crispy.
        At crispy it’s just not edible to me.

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          When you can afford it 😊

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, boy not this weekend, even the bargain brands were priced sky high

chewy, not crunchy

Comment

No crunch what so ever. I’ll cook it in the oven. I’ll stack up 4 slices in a stack and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.

So floppy, so good!

Comment

On my plate!

Comment

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              My preference is down the gullet.

I don't mind it chewy or crispy, but the wife wants it to shatter when you drop it, and that's just too crispy for me. My preference is crispy enough for it to break when you bit it but still have a line of chewy fat on the outside.

I actually prefer British bacon after spending almost 5 years of my life there, you get a meaty bite with chewy fat on the top part and a crispy little tail on the bottom.

Comment

It’s bacon.

but yeah crispy is great!

Comment

Crisp but not crunchy. And I cook it in the oven @ 375° so it doesn't speed past the point where I want to pull it.

I also use non-stick al foil to prevent sticking.
                Last edited by RonB; September 5, 2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Almost crispy but not overdone.

Comment

Crispy.

Comment

I prefer chewy but I like crispy as well. I think it depends a bit on the type of bacon as well. Good quality thick sliced bacon should be chewy. Cheap thin sliced bacon should be crispy.

Comment

Single layer thick sliced on foil on a sheet pan. Baked in oven at 330f for 45-60 minutes until is is tender but crispy. If I get it right it crunches but is still chewy but not hard. It sort of falls apart with little pressure and melts in your mouth.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here