Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State Fair food options: Would you eat these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma State Fair food options: Would you eat these?

The Oklahoma State Fair has released their list of "new foods" making their debut at this year's festival. Any of these interest you? (click link for photos)
    • Bacon-wrapped roasted corn on the cob
    • Mac and Cheese with pulled pork, diced hot links, grilled jalapeno pepper, carmelized onions, and a drizzle of BBQ sauce
    • Deep fried cookie dough sundae
    • Cheese curd tacos
    • Gelato nachos (served with stroopwafel chips)
    • A "PB&J" burger: 1/2-lb burger with peanut butter and jalapeno peppers
    • Rattlesnake Sausage corn dog
    • Pizza with scorpion, cricket, and meal worm topping
    • Ghost pepper tater tots

Here's 10 of the always-interesting foods that are being served at the Oklahoma State Fair this year.

The Oklahoma State Fair kicks off in less than two weeks, and we already are in the mood for some fair food after officials announced what you can enjoy

The first three items, yes. No on the rest.

Comment

I’d line up for the sundae and the mac and cheese.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Right there with you.
        Some ingredients are just not meant to be combined no matter how cool or hip they may be.
        Za with bugs....gagging n passing

I’d try em all. Only one that doesn’t particularly interest me is the cheese curd tacos.

Comment

NO
        Not even with PBR.

Comment

No prob...

Reckon I've done et alla them there things, separately, afore, so whatever combination of em somebody might come up with, I'd like as not try me some...

>>SNAKE EATER<<

Comment

I like the first two, especially the corn. Everything is better with bacon 👍

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen, Brother!

Mac and cheese

Comment

Hot to trot tater tots! The cheese crud might be good depending on the toppings/salsa.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Yes although oddly enough the bacon wrapped corn on the cob is one of the least appealing sounding dishes. As much as I love bacon, I haven’t really found many bacon wrapped items that are better than their component pieces

Comment

The ghost pepper would e too hot for me, though my real answer this year would be; "none of the above as you couldn't pay me enough to go to State Fair right now." 😷💉🦠🦠🦟🦟

Comment

I tried a peanut butter pickle bacon burger at a local joint. It was actually pretty good!

Comment

I would try...

Cheese curd tacos
                        Rattlesnake corn dog
                        Ghost pepper tater tots
                        Last edited by Attjack; September 4, 2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I would look forward to the mac & cheese and the cookie dough sundae. I'd eat the cheese curd taco. As for the rest, no thanks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here