Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Recipes for Panhead and the Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Recipes for Panhead and the Pit

Troutman mentioned I need to throw more recipes out there so I aim to please.

St. Louis Riverfront Times, Riverfront Times, RFT, St. Louis News, Missouri News, Elections, Arts, Culture, Restaurants, Concerts, Events, Things to Do in St. Louis

Yea the Jellied Bullion with Frankfurters is definitely on the to-do list for my next holiday bash .....

I would also love to see Henrik 's version of the Scandinavian Sandwich, looks mouth wateringly delicious !!!

Comment

• Bbqmikeg
      Bbqmikeg commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess there isn’t always room for Jello.

Citing a recipe from the late 60’s is not fair. And that "sandwich" is barely considered dog food in my book. Yikes!

Comment

I'm not feeling so good. Must take a break.

Comment

I have several ancient Joy of Cooking books that have been handed down over the years. In addition to the awfuls aspic recipes there are instructions for butchering and cooking Armadillo, Porcupine, and Muskrats. A revision from ~2000 has most all the info from the earlier printing.

I'm not eager to cook them or the racoons, squirrels and the other non-traditional meats but I would try it if someone made it.
        Last edited by Steak Snake; September 1, 2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, klflowers I think you might have a dinner guest here!

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          Of those listed I've only had squirrel. My friend's Mom when I was a kid would make squirrel and dumplings. The gravy was delicious.

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          I made some racoon a couple of years ago. Wasn't too bad, kind of mild liver flavor. I am not doing it again though

Hilarious! I'm sure my mother made something like these recipes sometime in the 60's and I'm pretty sure I didn't eat it then.

Comment

Listen here Mr. Credit, I don’t appreciate you stealing my SUWYC pics and claiming them as your own!

At least you didn’t try and steal my 2 most popular dishes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F3E5DE8C-AD2D-4093-AE7A-8696F9A57D2C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	272.4 KB ID:	1086625
          Last edited by Panhead John; September 1, 2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Deeply apologize. I will up my next paper plate order to compensate for the mortal offense.

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't think of anything more vile then peas. My old man loved peas; boiled peas, fried peas, split pea soup, pea pie, hell I think he bathed in peas. I was maybe 3 years old and he tried to shove them into my mouth. I puked them back up through my nose. Needless to say I HATE PEAS.

(sorry John didn't mean to again hurt your feelings but you brought out the worst in me)

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            @Troutman
            I knew there was a reason I liked you!

I cant believe you made me click....

Comment

Everybody knows that shrimp goes in lime jello!

Click image for larger version

Name:	6EC46537-F0C1-483A-A39C-3A8670A91A08.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	557.6 KB
ID:	1086638

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahahahahaha!!!!

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              That just might actually be pretty good !! I dare you to make it and report back !!!

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Troutman is it a double dog dare?

I'm gonna sue every one of you who posted a photo in this thread!! 🤢

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn’t plan on any big expenditures with your windfall. Don’t know about the rest of em, but I’m worth 6.8 bucks.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes we are all just a bit dumber after this posting

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Troutman Is that even possible?

ecowper Well I bet you can’t top my favorite "fish" dish and my jello molded corn.

Name:	06BDF027-3547-4028-85C7-2A1E55CE601F.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1086704

Name:	EBC79F38-A925-4BC5-808F-6F32EEE92E9E.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1086705

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              I kinda like the mousee thing. Just leave out the PEAS.

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              That reminds me, it's almost lutefisk season.

• Clark
              Clark commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John That is just 'so precious.' Why don't we just call you Panhead Martha?

Let's not forget Aunt Bethanys jello mold
            Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Cheerios are a "must" topping.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, are the Cheerios for decoration or what? A little crunch in every bite of jello

It appears that we only 5 clicks or so on the site to read the more detailed descriptions before the paywall pops up. I was lucky to still be able to click on the description for the one at the bottom of the post (the #1 since it was a countdown). I'm still laughing. The woman who did this can write and the final description had me rolling.

Here's the final three paragraphs, which should qualify as fair use:

The sauce is pretty stellar. It's no small feat to be bland enough to drown out the taste of asparagus that's already been cooked down to the asparagus essence usually only available in urine. It also softens the blow of pasta that's turned into rubber.

In other words, it's a big rectangle of dry, chewy, overcooked macaroni that tastes the way pee smells after you've eaten asparagus. Being rectangular does not distract from this flavor, nor does it make it acceptable.

Mushrooms might have made it better. Special, sparkly mushrooms that make everything a hazy asparagus green. Yeah.
            Robin Wheeler owns the world of food commentary. It's time to raise a toast to our good fortune in crossing paths with her today.

Comment

The wife of one of my newlywed internship classmates (1967-68) served him Peaches and Spam on Rice.

Spam 'n' Peaches | Modesto Bee (modbee.com)

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Yum! Best one yet. 🤮

• Clark
                Clark commented
                Editing a comment
                gcdmd How long did that marriage last?

• gcdmd
                gcdmd commented
                Editing a comment
                Clark
                The marriage survived the peaches and Spam. Unfortunately, he died in a car wreck a few years later.

For the love of....make it stop....

But since we're on the recipe subject my pasta sauce has become dull and predicable anyone have any suggestions to liven it up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here