Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Sunday

Woke up and did dishes ( a month of hand washing every day, waiting for parts for dishwasher). Fed a levain for another lesson in chocolate sourdough, started a slow simmer on a Texas red chili, bottled a gallon batch of Saison Au Miel, brewed a gallon batch of a Belgian Tripel, and now just finally chilling with a Bloody Mary, occasionally stirring the chili, and giving the bread some love as needed.

how’s your day going, what’s happening in your world.

Going over to say hi and probably goodbye to Betty my friend in the final stages of cancer. Also praying for the Gulf folks to be safe.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for going to say your respects. I’m Rey sorry to hear that you are losing a friend. Thoughts to all those about to be hit by hurricanes as well.

• Rfhd69
      Rfhd69 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s tough brother 😢

Pulled tri tip (my first) out of the freezer to do this week.

I have not decided if I want to sous vide it then sear or just smoke and sear it.

I am also trying to find a good recipe for Thai pepper or poblano hot sauce here

Here we offer a collection of homemade spicy recipes that focus on big and bold flavors, including spicy meal options and dinner ideas, making your own seasoning blends and so much more.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      And musing over the PK360 this weekend

Jeepers and I thought I had accomplished a lot today. My Sundays done but was a good one.

Comment

Very quiet day here. Weather is crummy so no outdoor cooking. Watching the Brewers game on TV right now. We’re up 4-0 vs the Twins up in Minneapolis. Going to warm up some leftover brisket in the SV for dinner. So just chillin I guess.

Comment

Woke up by th cat at 0500~ish
        Drank summa yestidays coffee
        Switched over to bourbon an coke
        Run outta bourbon, now Apple Pie Moonshine,,,
        During alla this, snackin on some Brisket burnt ends, with Hot Vinegar sauce...
        Good Sunday, so far!

Comment

Today my wife is taking care of dinner. Italian dripped beef in her insta-pot. I did some yard work, cleaned out the shed a little and finished taking apart some pallets that I will be using the wood to build patio chairs to go around the firepit. The power tools are put away and now I'm sitting enjoying a cold PBR.

Comment

I have a loaf of sandwich bread rising now. That's after time in the garden as well as the shop. An easy, enjoyable day...

Comment

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              I need to still order myself a pan for that. I need to do some of those.

Watching the Twins (get beat) and a little Golf. Smoked some Small Tomatoes on the MAK. Planning a Pizza for supper. I'll post it later in the SUWYC channel if it turns out...going to be kinda out of bounds with some different toppings.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, you have me drooling already.

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey don’t feel bad. Your Twins beat my Brewers two out of three.

I smoked a tri-tip for my Fantasy Football draft only to find out at the last moment that I was going to be the only attendee. I got the hint and drafted from home online. So the meat is in the Cambro. I have to decide if I want to have it with rice or to slice it up for fajitas. I love my Cambro. It gives me hours to decide. Because you started this post Richard, I am going to let you make the choice for me - fajitas or meat and rice?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              Fajitas! And show me your cambro!, please!!

Woke up late. Chilled awhile. Then started grill up for small 1.5# Tri-Tip. Had the butcher cut that size. Just me and my queen. Did cold grate on SnS. Followed SnS YouTube video found on their site and under M.H's recipe. Have done it b4. In cambro wrapped in butcher paper. Pat's/Giants start soon. That's about it.

Comment

Sat today around the ‘ool with the wife sipping homemade margarita’s
              Another really humid muggy day here so did mucho , nothingo
              Something I’m really good at

Comment

Kroger had pork loins on sale, so I’m smoking/grilling one as we speak. Bacon wrapped and stuffed with jalapeños and cream cheese. I’ll post some pics later.

Comment

Cut the lawn, Went to work for a bit. Cooked a couple of slabs of salmon and zucchini on the Weber.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	2A4B9C63-2EBF-4AC5-A8F5-D5F817AFFA15.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	1085253Click image for larger version  Name:	33C6B96A-5CBD-484F-BC7C-8421F1A1CCF7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.38 MB ID:	1085257Click image for larger version  Name:	92ACB125-FDBA-484A-916C-B2CA96C765C6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.49 MB ID:	1085256Click image for larger version  Name:	312A2455-A66D-4472-94AD-9DBF4E62AAE3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.97 MB ID:	1085254Click image for larger version  Name:	286BD54A-D8A1-443C-B7BB-BD3332A502A3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.93 MB ID:	1085255

Comment

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FireMan - hahahahaha. I was hoping you were on the canoe camp trip and wouldn’t catch that.

The wife has the computer. Attempting to do photos (in order) and type on the phone escapes me sometimes.
                      Last edited by tbob4; August 29, 2021, 08:24 PM. Reason: Fumble thumbs

• Panhead John
                      Panhead John commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Damn brother….awesome cook! You gots some nice looking equipment there along with some beautiful plates…..even though they’re not my brand🥸

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Panhead John- I borrowed the plates from a neighbor. Never again. There was an expectation that they would come back clean.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here