Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

timing to cook a bunch of different things on the same day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    You are welcome. Look forward to your future post.

• florent
    replied
    Originally posted by bbqLuv View Post
    Plan your cook, cook your plan, take notes and pictures to post.
    Ernest posted a cooking plan of attack.

Thank you in advance,
    Happy Grilling to you
    Ok, I think I'm gonna follow your advice, I'll keep you posted on the results!

cheers!

Leave a comment:

• florent
    commented on 's reply
    That's also what I use. Jackfruit is kinda the least of my concern here, it's easy and hard to miss. Also I find that my vegetarian / vegans friends are already so happy they don't have to just get potato salad that they are very very forgiving

• florent
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not planning on smoking the leg (or just a bit), the meat is too good to cook more than pink. It generally takes a bit more than 2h but it's more roasted than smoked.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Plan your cook, cook your plan, take notes and pictures to post.
    Ernest posted a cooking plan of attack.

Thank you in advance,
    Happy Grilling to you

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    You did say you have cooked em all before, so, my question to you is how long did it take fer each item & go from there. Or, Ernest sorta mapped things out for you. It should not be much of a hill for a hill climber like you to scale. Take lots of pics & have fun.

Leave a comment:

• bmillin
    replied
    Iā€™d write it out on paper. Pick your target time for serving, give yourself a buffer on the low and slow dishes, figure out holding times and back into your start times from there.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. Could be quite a nice deal here with all of the different meats. I recommend a Joule.

• Attjack
    replied
    For the jackfruit, I now use canned young green Jackfruit. You just trim the woody ends and you're good to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12TmF_i7hNPOAiAPV-eplAUAzWc1MYfcBdpY3B1lth9_E2zkzzEFGj2MJDq5kQpOcW4r2Ebv6BA6VtTaImOQOa1xneWu7PZ30bw5DB51CPv5kKTjpZXusED4oE-ycW4h2syTWsTBx0tMJq2pnrejJjnKeg8uBPWBkfiotDhIknl1N-S8KM7jJrX0hSXLxXLVXNzeWIEEEuNJPidu-F4zM7gGoivlTTS6YK8DWfsbIKgOScymAj15Q8tQ70jhAI8
Views:	156
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1075519

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Time to invest in Sous Vide. That will solve the timing issues.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Smokey mountain can hold temps overnight, start cooking the leg and shoulder around midnight and go to sleep.
    Meathead knows better, I have never smoked a leg in 2 hours. It has always cooked in 4-6 hour range.
    Around 6 am get the ribs on there as well and let the WSM do what it do.
    Get a cooler with a beach blanket. If the ribs or any of the meat is done early, wrap in parchment and beach towel, hold in cooler
    The lollipops should be cooked last.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    replied
    I'm with STEbbq - wrap things that are done and stuff them in a pre-warmed cooler. If they'll need to be held for more than a few hours, put them in an oven (wrapped) if you have one that can stay at 170F or so.

Leave a comment:

• florent
    commented on 's reply
    can't do that twice in a row... gonna get in trouble or run out of space

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Yea exactly. Take this opportunity to get a bigger boat !!!

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    I would buy another cooker! MCS! MCS! šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜³

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here