Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite low salt rubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite low salt rubs?

I like to dry brine with kosher salt and add a rub before smoking and the rubs I have used tend to add more additional salt than I like.

What are some some favorite packaged rubs with low salt content? I realize I can make my own but like to have options in the pantry.

Thanks

Tony's has a low salt.

Comment

Dizzy Pig has two no salt options. The first is the standard rub and the second is for salmon. They are more expensive than most rubs for that reason but certainly worth it for the no salt option.

Kitchen success involves more than a good cookbook or flair for cuisine: It requires the right ingredients. From our flagship all-purpose Dizzy Dust to the sweet and addictive Pineapple Head, our original blends cover the entire flavor spectrum, enhancing everything from award-winning pulled pork to salmon to veggie skewers.

Comment

The alternative is to simply skip the kosher salt and dry brine with the rub directly instead.

Comment

NEW LOOK, Same Great Taste! For over 20 years, Heaven Made Products has been providing five-star quality seasonings to your kitchen. Shop All purpose seasonings, BBQ Rubs, Cajun seasonings, Flavored

I believe pit members receive a discount as well.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
            SmokingSteve commented
            Editing a comment
            10%, use AR10

I dry brine with my salted rub. Salt separate makes sense and extra work, but I am PBR lazy.
          The Science Of Rubs (amazingribs.com)
          Meathead's World Famous Memphis Dust BBQ Dry Rub Recipe (amazingribs.com)

Comment

The Spice House, https://www.thespicehouse.com/collections/bbq has several salt free rubs. My favorite for steaks is the Oaxacan Ancho Coffee. And like others have suggested, if I am using a rub with salt, I'll dry brine with the rub rather than with kosher salt.

Comment

Hank's.

Comment

SnS Grills makes two no salt rubs that are pretty well priced and really good.

Shop all available accessories from SnS Grills; including Thermometers, Grates, Pans, Charcoal and Rubs!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree. I use Rocky’s Rub on pork butts and add a little Not Just for Beef on top.

FlatIron has a Dark and Smokey Rub. No salt in any of their products. 70K on the Scoville scale. Not for the faint of heart. But kicks up your protein.

Comment

Check out the ingredients in Mrs. Dash. It's a perfect combo for chicken. Sometimes I dry brine chicken and then sprinkle with Mrs. Dash before I smoke it. It's a good combination.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "Just a dash will do ya!"

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here