Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant believe i never thought of this before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant believe i never thought of this before

Colorado-based barbecue chain G-Que Barbecue said its “Smoked BBQ Lasagna Recipe” is easy to adjust to your preferences.

what a great use of left over pulled pork. 💯 doing this soon

That is a great use for leftover pulled pork! And bbq sauce in place of tomato sauce - brilliant!

Comment

Yum! I've baked a regular lasagna on my smoker several times, HIGHLY recommended BTW, but never used solely pulled pork or brisket (what's leftover brisket?). Great idea.

Comment

I've done it numerous times. I don't think I ever posted it here but I'll look back in the achieves. I've never done it with pulled pork or brisket, that might be interesting. What I have done is to first smoke Italian sausages to about half cooked so they take on the smoke flavor. Then pull the meat out of the casing, make a traditional lasagna and return it to bake in the smoker instead of my indoor oven. You don't want to over smoke it, just the first half hour or so then cover with foil. It's a change of pace and a bit more work but I've enjoyed it when I did it.

That said, I still enjoy the heck out of more conventional methods as well. Check out differences in making it using a bolognaise type from Northern Italy versus a Sicilian type from the South. Night and day. Let us know how it turns out for you GG, will await your post !!

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Pics and recipes, Pics and recipes, PLZ
          TX U

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't have any pics of lasagna cooks. Like I said it's basic lasagna only I pre-smoke the meat and do the final bake in the smoker to pick up a bit of smokiness on top. I do all that while enjoying a PBR...or two...or three

Great idea. This would be perfect for the pellet grill .

Comment

PBR and smoked lasagna with leftover brisket, tossed salad, garlic bread. Who could ask for anything more?
          Spumoni ice cream?
          Last edited by bbqLuv; July 29, 2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

That sounds like a winner.

Comment

Great link!

Comment

I like that! I'm going to give it a try, but I'll have to use goat cheese so my wife can eat it too. We get a good smoked gouda goat cheese from Winco at a reasonable price.

Comment

I've used Huskee 's recipe for smoked lasagna for several years now. It's delicious! When I substitute smoked meat instead of the ground meats he uses, I bake it in the oven, though. Too much smokiness is not a good thing for lasagna, IMO.

Also, here's another Smoked Lasagna topic from 2015.

Not sure about BBQ sauce in lieu of marinara sauce, though. Might be too much of a good thing, my taste buds are thinking.

Kathryn
                  Last edited by fzxdoc; July 30, 2021, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post

That said, I still enjoy the heck out of more conventional methods as well. Check out differences in making it using a bolognaise type from Northern Italy versus a Sicilian type from the South. Night and day. Let us know how it turns out for you GG, will await your post !!
                    Milk Street's Ragu Bolognese Lasagna is off the charts delicious. It's made with a Parmesan Besciamella and some outstanding ragu bolognese sauce. You should give it a gander, Troutman . It's my family's fav lasagna, even beating out the smoked lasagna I make.

Milk Street Lasagna Bolognese made with their Parmesan Besciamella and their Ragu Bolognese . All recipes are free on their site at this time.

Kathryn

Comment

Why not? I've had BBQ chicken pizza many times.

Comment

Definitely a "why didn't I think of that" moment!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here