Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit off the BBQ topic, but here goes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I can think of worse things to be called.

• FireMan
    replied
    So, when ya call someone a schmatlz yer callin em "chicken fat". Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• Beefchop
    replied
    It's basically just rendered chicken fat. I usually make it by taking the juices and fat drippings from a chicken I've cooked in a pan or on a broiler, and placing it in a squeeze bottle or container after I've strained the juices through a fine wire mesh colander or cheesecloth. You can make it by putting some chicken skins and scraps in a pot and browning it with an onion and a little water, straining the juices as mentioned. Some folks like to use a canning jar to store their schmaltz. Whatever you use, it should keep in the fridge for several months.

Leave a comment:

• Daba's BBQ
    started a topic A bit off the BBQ topic, but here goes...

A bit off the BBQ topic, but here goes...

I'm addicted to tuna and chicken salad and think they make great sides. I must have had 200 versions of these, most are just ok. But the memorable ones are jist that, memorable. They all seem to have one ingredient that is endemic to all of them.

I've tried to replicate them dozens of times, but never, ever could nail it. I tried honey, mustards, pickle juice, etc. Nothing worked.

When I bring this up with my peeps they say it is schmaltz. Now, I'm a native New Yawka, so I know what schmaltz is but have no idea how to make it even where to buy it.

If anyone has any insight on any of this, i would very grateful to hear from you.

Al always, Peace
    Daba's BBQ

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here