Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mushroom Confit Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob whatever
    replied
    Some pics.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rob whatever
    replied
    I’ll post some photos later but the answer to how long seems to be 2 hours. The mushrooms were tasty, finished with a good squeeze of lemon juice. The shrooms took on some good smoke flavor. I did find a number of recipes, albeit none on a smoker. I dried brined the mushrooms for an hour and wiped the excess salt off before putting on the smoker with thyme, garlic and a shitload of butter.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    Looks delightful.

• holehogg
    replied
    Love 'shrooms.
    Haven't done buttons in butter on the grill but sounds like a plan.
    My favourite is big brown ones in the kettle with a big dollop of butter and fresh ground garlic and a good pinch of pepper. I sometimes drag them over the hot coals to singe the cap.

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    I used to do mushrooms regularly when I was working downtown, you know in the before time, when corona was just a beer.

id rough chop, season, butter, smoke in the pellet grill for an hour with bacon on the top shelf, at 225. In a cast iron pan set up so the bacon drips on the mushrooms.

After the hour, chop the bacon into lardons/batons, add to the mushrooms, season with salt, thyme… I think maybe some sherry, and butter, and give it a few minutes on Warp 10 on the gasser.

made those all summer while I could get the shrooms from the farmers’ market at work.

here’s a before, during and after shot.

I tweaked this every week in search of greater heights, but it was never bad. I think the final iteration had some cream in it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, they are now centered in LA California.

• Rob whatever
    commented on 's reply
    FYI, I work in the last building that Pabst Brewery built before it went belly up in the late 70’s. Building 42 was the distribution center - its now a mixed use building with office, restaurant and craft brewery.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    That is a tough question to answer correctly. The best guess for how long to cook them, until they are done to your liking.
    Sounds like a great pairing. Post end results with pictures. Thank you.
    Don't forget the PBR.

Leave a comment:

• Rob whatever
    started a topic Mushroom Confit Question

Mushroom Confit Question

On a video from the Chicago BBQ thing, I saw Leroy & Lewis smoked some button mushrooms bathed in butter. I plan on doing the same today - I’m going to add some garlic and thyme sprigs. I will smoke at about 250 along with some pork belly burnt ends. My question is, how much time will it take on the grill?

Rob

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here