Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBM the most unscientific test you’ll ever see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBM the most unscientific test you’ll ever see

It’s over, videoed some small snippets of my PBM experiment for your viewing pleasure. Tried to post as one vid but I’m also known as video idiot so bear with me kids

Hmmm may have to get the four year old next door to help me

Comment

Go to youtube and upload the video there. You may have to create an account if you don't already have one. Then you can copy the URL from the youtube page where your video is and use the insert-video-tool here on AR.com, paste the URL, and post.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Attjack; July 9, 2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        You might as well be speaking Chinese to him. 😂

I lieu of pics/vids for now these are my experiences and thoughts about today
      -Even with todays meat prices meat is still cheaper than PBM.
      -Took me three grocery stores before I found any PBM at our local Metro, meat they had lots.
      -Ingredients: wow, the A-bomb was simpler. I would hazzard a guess that some of the ingredients in this make smoking the better choice.
      -Consistency, soft really soft, like kid glove soft out of the fridge. Did not appear to have a casing on the sausage so tongs nearly cut the first one in half. Wouldn't cook from absolutely thawed.
      -Cooking, says cook 4 mins per side. Nope, I must have cooked these for a good 20 mins before they developed an appearance I liked. This maybe a bias from only cooking meat, have to see what any other cooks say.
      Taste- Tried the sausage first, found it to be a nutlike taste, normal consistency but just not there.
      Burger patty was a pleasant surprise, cut out a plain chunk, bit of a skin like a Qed burger the taste was there, I did like it.
      dressed it up with a bun, slice of cheese, mustard and ketchup and it was there.
      The only thing negative about it was the center of the pattie was not firm like a normal meat burger,

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the report. I have not tried any sausage except that Morning Star stuff that's been around for decades. It sounds like your fake burger experience was very similar to mine. It does taste good but I don't plan on buying any anytime soon although I do with I got in on the IPO.

At the end of the day, I would not buy PBM again.
      The cost is prohibitive compared to regular meat.
      A big maybe if I invited people over and they asked for it. After all I try to be a respectful host.
      I would eat the patty again if served it wasn't bad when all dressed up.

Comment

Don’t worry, the meat nazis are comin. As I stated awhile ago, there is a war on meat.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to get political, just the facts ma’am

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here