Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegan Steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    PJ - ah, now you're a mod. Interesting. Of course no one has ever raised any issue with me, so forgive me if I take your claim with... some salt.

What you miss is that CN has, several times, attacked me personally (the 'dictator attack is precisely that).
    Last edited by rickgregory; July 4, 2021, 10:37 PM.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    😂😂😂

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory I agree with CN 100%. Nobody is following you around and trying to police what you say. You seem to be a pretty intelligent guy with much to offer here. But then you turn around and ruin it all with your caustic comments to people when you don’t agree with them. That’s what this place is NOT about. You seriously need to re-examine whether you want to be here or not. There’s several people I’ve learned about recently who have blocked you because of your critical comments.
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 5, 2021, 08:22 AM.

• Red Man
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly, this thread clearly has nothing to do with food 😂

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    ComfortablyNumb - you seem to follow me around and try to police what I say. You love digging up things and bitching about it. I'll save you the trouble. You're on Ignore.

• Huskee
    replied
    Again I ask, please use Off Topic for things....off... the topic of food, cookers, cooking, cooking accessories, fuels, etc.. Thanks for your cooperation in both helping keep things organized and eliminating extra work for the mods.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    So if a friend of yours brings a vegetarian partner/wife/husband or a friend of yours stops eating meat you're just going to tell them to F off?

If I'm hosting friends the dishes aren't the important part. The friends are.

Yeah, you might want to think about why you're so intolerant..

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Both portabellos, an cauliflower are delightful, scrumptious treats, which I greatly savor, an enjoy... as an aside: neither one are beef steaks...

• Oak Smoke
    commented on 's reply
    I should be more like you, but I’m not. Good grief I’ve gotten cantankerous in my old age! If I’m grilling or inviting folks over for BBQ i expect them to understand we are talking about meat. Meat from a vat, no problem, I do a good smoked bologna. I will agree that a good mushroom or one of a score of good things that can be done with cauliflower are fine. Perhaps it’s my sunny disposition or my inclusive ways that keep me from being invited over for salad. Being a curmudgeon has its drawbacks

• rickgregory
    replied
    Industrial meat production is bad in a lot of ways (environmental too) and while I understand t he plant based 'meat' companies wanting to create a steak alternative to go with the ground beef alternative, it will be really hard.

I think a more sustainable alternative would be vat grown meat which raises some really interesting questions...

1) If you couldn't tell the difference between meat from an animal and vat grown, would you care?
    2) If you're vegetarian for ethical reasons, do those reasons apply here?

I don't see why the mere existence of this stuff tweaks some of you out so much. They're nice alternatives for people who, for whatever reason, don't eat meat. If I was having a mixed crowd over today and some were vegetarians, I'd be really happy that I could grill them an Impossible Burger and include them in a cook out without making a big fuss about it.
    Last edited by rickgregory; July 4, 2021, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Why do I keep reading these fake meat threads? I keep swearing I won't. Damn it.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Yep ... and a nice thick "steak" cut from a cauliflower, then properly seasoned and grilled ain't bad either.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    smokenoob You’re right! I will marinade my portobellos in Good Seasons Italian Dressing for about 15 minutes, add some Lawry’s Garlic Salt and a little pepper. Grill off heat for about 20 minutes. Damn good!

• smokin fool
    replied
    I’m going to say pass, BUT, with prices rising like they are here never say never.

Leave a comment:

• Histrix
    replied
    My sister has been a vegan for many years and I've had some of the items she has made with vital wheat gluten (seitan) and they can be quite tasty.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here