Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Know That "Grilling Is Bad" and "Grills... Make Worse Food"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did You Know That "Grilling Is Bad" and "Grills... Make Worse Food"?

That's what Business Insider columnist Josh Barro says.

"Who doesn't like a backyard barbecue? Me, that's who," Barro wrote. "There's a reason you do most of your cooking inside: Grills are impossible to keep clean, they lack good temperature control, and they make worse food than what you can prepare in your kitchen."

Among other 'insightful' revelations, he tells us "Your grill is filthy, has poor temperature control, and for some idiot reason has the heating element *below* the food so fat drips into it and catches fire. There’s a better way to cook: In your kitchen".

The real article is behind a paywall at https://www.businessinsider.com/gril...instead-2021-7
    but FoxNews shared these and other snippets from it in their article about it.

PLEASE don't get political, let's just talk about how bad grills are how they ruin our food, please don't take it past that.

It could make food worse... My kitchen can turn on some pretty bad food too when not used properly.

Comment

I think a greasy, carbonized, grill running at 250deg+ is the perfect place to cook dead, dressed, animals.
      Edit: I think he's just trying to stir up readership.
      Last edited by SmokingPat; July 2, 2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• RickyBobby
        RickyBobby commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee In the military we had a very similar saying, "False motivation is still motivation." Lol.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        RickyBobby in a similar vein, in customer service (whether healthcare or other) I say "if you act enthusiastic, you'll BE enthusiastic."

• Porkies
        Porkies commented
        Editing a comment
        How can it not be politics? It's all about deception, fake news and bullshit isn't it? (yes, completely joking and not wanting to really talk politics) haha!

So, he's in favor of boiled ribs?

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        mrteddyprincess - you should try marinating the wood chips in the sauce for added flavor.

• RickyBobby
        RickyBobby commented
        Editing a comment
        🤣🤣🤣

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        OK. The secret is out. mrteddyprincess is a second account held by Panhead John
        He just slipped up and signed in under the wrong account

Grilling is bad, mmmkay

Comment

He never gets invited, because he’s always bitching about stupid crap, so he has to justify it.

Comment

I have noticed that Business Insider has taken a turn for the worse recently.

Comment

Y'know what....I'll take my chances on the grill.
            He can go to Burger King.

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              Burger King flame broils - he won't like it.

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              The BK burgers up here nuke they're burgers....absolutely terrible stuff.

• andy.wpg
              andy.wpg commented
              Editing a comment
              SMOKIN fool. All BKs flame broil AND microwave. They cook ‘em on the grill, then microwave to serve.

Maybe one day he'll become a member and be gravely embarrassed by that one article he wrote that one time.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Fat chance Huskee He just has no clue. 🤦🏼

That is what we in the internet call... bait.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              He has a nice stir stick for that pot, that's for sure.

Sometimes it is best to just not say anything...

Comment

Either way, if the guy’s serious…or not…he’s an idiot. #1, If he was serious, he’s a dumbass. #2 If he wasn’t serious, he’s still an idiot…for a cheap article to gain him attention, because he can’t do it otherwise through an intelligent and well thought out article.
              Last edited by Panhead John; July 2, 2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                My thoughts exactly but what I was about to write was not nearly as nice, so I decided not to post it. "for a cheap article to gain him attention, because he can’t do it otherwise through an intelligent and well thought out article. " - Pretty much sums up journalism today.

Only one question. Who The F£¥# is this dumb arsh??

Comment

I mean the dirty grill idea DID just get one of our glorious members an amazing deal on an OG PK grill.

Comment

My thought was, "this guy must be a real thrill at parties"

Comment

• GDavis
                    GDavis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I doubt anyone would know, since he has to be invited to the party first. I sure would not want him at mine.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here