Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secrets of eating BBQ alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secrets of eating BBQ alone...

So my dear wife is visiting her mother for Mothers Day and I’m left home alone in the Pit. I brought the Weber out of hibernation and made some yard bird. While eating unsupervised I noticed that I didn’t use my napkin as often as when my DW was here.....somthin’ tells me that’s why bbq was invented but we’ve become way to PC......so any other other observations from the Pit?
    Attached Files

Looks like you are eating good! I would have just skipped the salad. ( but it does look good too!) just a big plate of Q would suffice.

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Oakgrovebacon high on antioxidants and bbq sauce rimmed wine glass " don’t get better than this!"

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Wine? Must be out of PBR.
      happy for you.
      It is a disgrace if you don't get BBQ all over the place.

I tend to find leftovers in the fridge the same way I left them.

I don't hear anyone complaining about the way I deposit wings onto a plate.

​​​​​​

Comment

If your wife ever leaves you, I'd eat that!

Comment

I mean you’re eating off an actual plate so you haven’t reverted back too far into caveman mode.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          You do it enough & ya end up eatin outta skillets ‘ & pots, saves doin dishes.

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          FireMan "word"

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          Paper plates are my go to!

Drives #1 nuts, though.

Kind of surprised you're not eating over the sink.

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment

Kathryn

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I seem to often find myself eating ribs or chicken over the trash can and tossing the bones as I go...

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          I often eat noon lunch over the the sink. Isn't that the proper way?

But you still used a plate... one step forward, two steps back

Comment

Well it’s obvious now I need to delve deeper into this secret society

Comment

It's all good. However, you might want to clean up the wine glass. And the salad, meh. Oh, the bread thing for one slice?
            The best part no wife for a few days. Finally, the chicken looks fantastic. 🍗🍗🍷🍷
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Give th wine glass a good lickin, or two, an it's ready fer tomorrow...

Napkins is just a fancy word for my jeans

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Donw cont'd ...We were trained / drilled to swing em over our heads, to gather some air up in em, use em as a flotation device...

Biggest thing I never liked bout em, is they basically had four back pockets; two up front, an two in back.

Once I completed my A-School, got issued me OG-107 Fatigues, an Never looked back...
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 11, 2021, 10:12 PM.

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              And all this time I thought dungarees was a fancy name for jeans.
              Last edited by CaptainMike; May 12, 2021, 09:00 AM.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones my wife has been telling me for I don't know how long now that jeans are not napkins. LOL

Can't see the game on the tube in the shot. If she was gone I'd be eating in front of the TV.

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha! I did that all last week at the vacation house. I think I only ate once at the dining room table.
              Last edited by Dewesq55; May 12, 2021, 11:45 AM.

• Bogy
              Bogy commented
              Editing a comment
              Wife and I hardly ever eat at a table anymore. Dining room is cold in the winter and she suggested we eat in the living room. Don't see a reason to change now that it's summer. I sure don't suggest it.

• jerrybell
              jerrybell commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm the opposite. Growing up my family always ate in front of the television. Around age 13 or so I started eating at the table, even if I was the only one. Pretty sure my wife never eats a meal at the table when I'm not around.

LOL!!!! I love this place

I assume you are sitting there eating and drinking wearing only your boxers haha
            Last edited by Stuey1515; May 12, 2021, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              let’s just say a selfie would not a been pretty.....

Papaya Poppy Seed dressing!?! Really?

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              That dressing is better than drugs! It does have poppy seeds so maybe it is drugs!

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Many years ago I'm at our local hospital getting my annual work physical when I overhear a nurse talking to a woman in the next room over about her urine test. The nurse asked "did you have a poppy seed muffin this morning.....?" Rruh-rroh.....
              Last edited by CaptainMike; May 12, 2021, 12:57 PM.

• Bogy
              Bogy commented
              Editing a comment
              CaptainMike the appropriate answer is of course, "Why yes, I did. Why would you ask?"

Not much to add that hasn't been stated above, except to point out that you hibernate your Weber...in FLORIDA? C'mon man.

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey! We have thin sauce round here!

I thought your bbq’ed finger prints on your glass were a nice touch. 😂

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here