Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow N' Sear Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow N' Sear Trivia

Slow ’N Sear does a trivia question on their instagram page periodically and yesterdays question was this:

“The space between muscle cells in most meat is filled with a "protein water" that stores oxygen. The more there is in the cells, the redder, or darker, the meat. When dark meat is cooked, this liquid's color changes depending on what the meat's interior temperature is. When you cut into the meat, it pours out and it looks like blood......but we all know it's not, right?!

What is this "juice" called?”

Now I don’t mean to be nit picky, because I know that it is largely for fun and that the "answer" was probably close enough to the truth. But for the sake of complete accuracy, would the correct answer actually be myowater and not "myoglobin" given that myoglobin is the protein that carries oxygen in muscle cells, and happens to be red in color? Where as myowater is both water and myoglobin mixed together.

Thanks!

I agree. So what exactly is Instagram? I thought it was mainly a picture thing. I see a lot of YouTubers commenting that they're getting their Instagram picture in.

Comment

• Eric2662
      Eric2662 commented
      Editing a comment
      So it's predominantly pictures, but you can put captions beneath the pictures or videos. It's basically a social networking site where you post pictures, or videos. It's become so popular even world leaders have accounts, such as the United States president.

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Facebook is for stupid people Instagram is for stupid people that can't read 🤣🤣
      (I have both)

JKJK
      Last edited by tenphases; April 14, 2021, 09:08 AM.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      tenphases that explains a lot. Mine is full of food picture.

Most of the liquids in muscle are myowater, water laden with the protein called myoglobin. Myowater is thin and usually pink, and it doesn't coagulate like blood. It is what you see on your plate when you cut into a piece of meat fresh from the heat.

https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...m%20the%20heat.

Comment

• Eric2662
      Eric2662 commented
      Editing a comment
      Read that! Really such a great article.

I call it meat juice! 🕶

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here