Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upon returning to the grocery store, I shall buy a brisket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake435
    replied
    The one thing i've noticed when doing brisket on the PBC is that the thin bottom flat portion gets burnt every time. Not like burnt ends burnt, just plan ol' burnt. Figure I'm running at around 265 on avg for the duration of the cook. Next time I'm gonna actually try taking it off the hooks for a few hours to wrap it; guessing this should help avoid overcooking that bottom flap portion.

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    replied
    What an awesome way to mark this momentous occasion. Go for it! 💪💪💪

Leave a comment:

• Jim White
    replied
    Congrats.

I just made it back into the grocery a couple of weeks ago. My wife insisted on accompanying me so I wouldn't get lost on the first two trips.

Looking forward to how your brisket adventures turn out.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    NO complaints from me, Brisket is good.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
    Have you ever heard of shrimp on the BBQ?
    I....I am really into the way you think.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    That was my exact thought.....came out dry as heck (ironically, the best smoke ring I have ever gotten) and should have been braised in beef broth the entire time.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Brisket is just one of the marvelous things that come out of a PBC.

But I think you need to expand your menu. Have you ever heard of shrimp on the BBQ?

Really. I think you know what's what with the PBC. Get it going. Hang your meat. When it comes out of the stall either wrap or put in a pan, cover and into the oven to finish.

Wishing you the best!
    Last edited by HawkerXP; March 30, 2021, 07:14 PM. Reason: I just got #1 dose.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Go for it! Also, Select Flats are just not going to come out well on a smoker, in my opinion. Much better off braising them.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Go for it!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Brisket is awesome in the barrel. I can still smell them bad boys.

Leave a comment:

• Upon returning to the grocery store, I shall buy a brisket!

At the end of April will be two weeks out from me getting the second dose of the vaccine. My risk tolerance, being quite low, means that I have not set foot in a grocery store since early March of 2020. (I haven't even seen my office at the University since early September!)

I've been thinking of a way to commemorate this and it just hit me.....I have yet to attempt a "real" brisket on my PBC!

(I did some USDA Select brisket flats a few months ago...and those were....not great.)

But when I am able, I shall walk into that HEB (and hope to heck they haven't rearranged the entire store) go directly to the meat section and peruse the USDA prime briskets (which, if I am lucky, might be on sale).

I think I've gained enough smoking experience that I could do a marginally decent job on a brisket. I'm much better at fire management (not that the PBC needs much of that) and in knowing, generally, when I want to wrap, and when I want to take it out of the smoker (based on pork butts only, of course). I certainly have watched enough Youtube videos on briskets.

I think it would be a cool way of commemorating feeling safe to venture back out into the world with a bit of normalcy, as it were.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here