Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Sushi and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Sushi and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Fired up the drum yesterday and made some BBQ Sushi and bacon wrapped asparagus. Sushi was seasoned ground chuck with jalapeno, sweet onion and colby jack cheese, wrapped in bacon, then glazed with SB Honey and topped with some fried onions. I wrapped the asparagus in some bacon and basted it with garlic butter. The kids wiped out everything. That's the fastest I've ever seen them eat their vegetables.

Nice man!!!

Comment

Thanks! It was pretty simple to make. I'll probably do some more experimenting with it.

Comment

Brisket Syndicate does that DigiQ work well? I have an Auber for my kettle and Pit Barrel. Does very well.

I've always thought it would be neat to to have something that was able to pick up on the stall, and kick up the pit temp until the temp starting moving up again, then tame back down when it was over.

Gonna leave this up for the wife, she could eat that every day.

Comment

It is great! My drum is deadly efficient with it, and temps are probably more steady than in my kitchen oven. You can also have it start dropping temp as you reach your desired internal temp. Besides my thermapen, it's my favorite toy.

Comment

i really wish there were pictures of the sushi after it was cut

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
              Brisket Syndicate commented
              Editing a comment
              The kids were wiping it out as fast as I could slice it. Sorry!

Proper! gotta give that sushi a try...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here