Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure where to post this - a warning about not using your grill....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where to post this - a warning about not using your grill....

My son - who didn't use his grill this winter even though I had gifted him a set of Grill Grates - sent me this pic today. A warning to all....
    Attached Files

Cute little bugger! Real nice house, yessir!

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      He's awfully bold for someone with such a flammable house.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, but those eyes! ☺️

Ha...thats funny. Nice warm spot for winter.

Comment

How thoughtful, the lil' cutie brought kindling to help get the charcoal going...

Comment

Did he do a burn off?

I used to deal with mice or rats climbing up into the bottom of my Weber Genesis gas grill, through the grease trap area, to eat the crap that would fall through the grates into the bottom. I lit it with one of them in it one time - it came out the bottom fast! The final solution was moving the grill to a different part of the yard, and they never showed up again. Oh - that, and some rat bait stations around the house...

Comment

I think it's a Hobbit. Yup that's what he looks like. All tucked away in his little Hobbit home.

Comment

Looks like Stuart Little to me....

Comment

That’s a 650k neighborhood these days.

Comment

Because it's your son's grill, my reaction is "Awwww, how adorbs" if it were my grill, I'd be thinking "#%&%$#".

Kathryn

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's cute until it's your grill with poop all in it!

Just tell your son those tiny pellets are definitely not wood.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey if they’re all dried out they’ll burn like any other pellet.
                  I feel a song comin on........

What flavor wood is Stuart Little using?

Comment

That looks like what tried to occupy my Blackstone 36" several months ago. It's the model with the gas grill-like hood and I keep a cover on it when not in use. I went out one day and Mr. Jingles had messed in both of the drawers, then apparently climbed up to the griddle surface and was building a nest. I cleared all of that out, covered the entire griddle surface with newspaper, and set 4 traps, one near each corner. The little bugger actually robbed two of the traps before his luck ran out with the 3rd one. So far no others have made a determined effort since then. I was probably asking for trouble when I forgot to remove the roll of paper towels from the paper towel holder before replacing the cover.

Comment

Recommend 225 for half hour, no wood for the nest will add the smoke.

Comment

I had a rat run out of my gas grill once. Unfortunately, it ran up the dryer chute, which was right next to the grill. I immediately went in and turned on the dryer. By the time I got back outside it was apparently gone, since I never saw or smelled it again. Fortunately, my wife was not at home at the time. To this day, I haven't told her about it.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                        fzxdoc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Quick thinking!

Several years ago we had two large piles of limbs that had fallen out of our pecan trees. We decided to have a bon fire with one of them and save the other to use in the smoker. When most of the family had started to arrive we threw some gas on the pile we wanted to burn and set it ablaze. Almost immediately a flaming rat ran out of that pile and under the other one. We soon had two fires to enjoy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here