Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove Marinade Solids Before Grilling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Marinade Solids Before Grilling?

I'm going to grill a butterflied leg of lamb the marinade for which contains slivers of garlic and sprigs of rosemary. I'll remove it from the butcher's Cryovac, dry brine it, and then grill it low and slow with a reverse sear. Should I remove the garlic slivers and rosemary before grilling, before searing, or not at all?

I personally do. Overcooked or over browned garlic pieces don’t taste good imho. Same with rosemary. I don’t notice it when using either in powdered form.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I do put slivers of garlic and small sprigs of rosemary in slits made in the lamb.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      +2. Burnt garlic is nasty.

Suspicions confirmed--thanks for your responses!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here