Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whole pit roasted lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whole pit roasted lamb

What has anyone used as a roasting baste recipe for whole lamb? I'm using Dolly's rub as dry brine the day before.

I use a salmuera (salt water mix) When cooking a lamb on the asado stake. (Water, coarse salt/ rosemary/ garlic) . I also drink about 6-8 beers while cooking it (No idea if it actually helps the flavor, so maybe someone can pay me to do a study).

Comment

• jherbertjr52
      jherbertjr52 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Mopping with rosemary and garlic in the liquid sounds good

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora I'm convinced you have the answers to that study, even go so far as to say you have a master's degree.
      Credit you bonus points for creativity though.

Never did one myself. But I use garlic ,lemon juice, olive oil ,s&p and rosemary for a normal lamb marinate. I have seen on TV that they also will take a bunch of large rosemary sprigs, tie them together at the bas and then dip the tops in the marinate to use as a brush for the meat.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sims very similar to the ubiquitous Greek All Purpose marinade/mop - Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Olive Oil, Garlic and lemon juice. This is what I was going to suggest, because of the Greeks don't know how to spot roast a lamb, nobody does! 😁

Originally posted by pjlstrat View Post
    Never did one myself. But I use garlic ,lemon juice, olive oil ,s&p and rosemary for a normal lamb marinate. I have seen on TV that they also will take a bunch of large rosemary sprigs, tie them together at the bas and then dip the tops in the marinate to use as a brush for the meat.

Hope this helps.
    Seen it too, and forgot about it. Thanks for remembering me. It is just another extra showpiece when we do our 'magic' skills.

Comment

I use oil, rosemary, thyme garlic and a touch of lemon. Don't use to much lemon it can over power the other flavors.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        You, sir, are clearly not Greek

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here