Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rare Lamb Chops on the PK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Lamb Chops on the PK

Sorry no elaborate recipe...just pictures 🤤
    Attached Files

Well......maybe medium rare lol

Comment

Wow... Perfectly cooked chops. You have his method dialed in!!!

Comment

• MTurney
        MTurney commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Rare to medium rare lamb chops has to be my favorite...there's just nothing like it!

Nice rack 👍

Comment

I have a lamb rack defrosting in the frig right now. Love the foiled brick, that is what I do too. Planning on grilling it tonight on my PK. Questions: 1) what seasoning did you use (just S&P?), 2) Did you grill the rack over the coals first to get some crust?

Thanks for sharing. I love food pics.

Comment

• MTurney
          MTurney commented
          Editing a comment
          So I use light SPG and light Hard Core Carnivore Camo (by Jess Pryles). I'm not usually a fan of most commercial rubs but this one is great on lamb and game.

I reverse seared it. This one I had it in the position pictured from start until 122 IT. Then pulled it and got the coals as hot as possible and seared it for ~45 seconds per side. Have to be careful on the "top" side where the fat is...it can get away if not paying attention. Can't wait to see your pics tonight!

Here ya go. Lamb was seasoned with salt and Simon/Garfunkel rub. It came out medium, just the way I like it. I'm not a medium rare guy when it comes to lamb. It was delicious.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by TripleB; March 29, 2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• jgreen
          jgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful. I like lamb done closer to medium as well.

• MTurney
          MTurney commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful char on there. Nicely done

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here