Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for a marinade/rub/treatment for lamb shoulder chops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for a marinade/rub/treatment for lamb shoulder chops?

I picked up a couple of lamb shoulder chops at the Fancy Meat Store earlier and I'm kinda wondering what to do with 'em. I'm kinda thinking something along the lines of EVOO, soy sauce (or dry bine, they're thin, shouldn't need more than an hour), lemon zest, garlic, cumin, and cilantro.

I'm cooking them either on the griddle or the gasser, and also doing seared scallops on polenta cakes with probably a Alfredo sauce thing, and a simple salad.

So what do Y'all like on lamb?

I cook lamb chops like beef steaks, i.e. dry brine, dusted with pepper and garlic powder then reverse sear. We enjoy serving them with a rosemary/garlic/oregano board sauce.

Comment

I mostly grill my lamb shoulder chops after 2 or so hours dry brine with a shop bought BBQ spice rub that's really good.
      I sometimes use a shop bought marinade that's also very good but it over tenderises the meat if left in too long.
      90% of the time I just use the rub.

Comment

We like to dry brine, brush with olive oil then rub with herbs de Provence. Then grill like steaks.

Comment

please help a new guy. what is a dry brine exactly. season it and let sit all day?

Comment

I really like to marinade it in Basque Meat Tenderizer Barbecue Sauce. That is what it is actually called. It is made in Clovis and sold at most Raley’s or their affiliates in CA. It’s ingredients are burgundy wine, wine vinegar, salt, garlic, lemon pepper, pepper and red pepper. While it is marketed for beef, lamb and chicken, I really like it on lamb and veggies - not as much on beef. I’ve never tried in on chicken. If you give it a try, a 4 hour marinade is sufficient on chops. Overnight and it’s too strong.

Comment

Dry brine pepper/rosemary garlic. And be all over your digital thermometer while its cooking. You can finish them super hot or direct on a flame grill for a bit of crust.

Comment

There’s always the classic mint jelly served on the side.

Also I just posted a cook of lamb chops grilled steak like combined with a wine/Dijon mustard/thyme sauce. Absolutely loved it, the spicy Dijon and the lamb were a marriage made in culinary heaven.

Comment

Check out the lamb chops recipe on the free side. Meatheads sheep dip is killer. I have tweaked it quite a bit, but it is fantastic in its own. It is my go to on lamb.
                Attached Files

Comment

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow

Big fan of Meathead's zesty Dolly's Lamb Rub & Paste. I think there are so many great opinions here you can't go wrong!

Comment

Pomegranate molasses is a great glaze for lamb. You can find it at most middle eastern grocery stores. Just glaze at the end of the cook and be very mindful since it can burn easily due to the high sugar content.

Comment

Half cup olive oil, half cup mustard, 2T fresh rosemary, 4 cloves garlic crushed or minced 2T lemon juice. Mix it together, slather it on, grill it up. It's our favorite lamb rub.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here