Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mary had a little lamb...so I shot, butchered, and grilled that sonofa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary had a little lamb...so I shot, butchered, and grilled that sonofa...

Love is in the air. Our traditional Valentine's meal is dry brineing. My wife and girls absolute favorite. Have the leg partially boned out, dry brined, vacpacked, and in the primal deep freeze.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by texastweeter; February 13, 2020, 10:53 PM.

Excellent choice for Valentines. Well, excellent choice in general :-) I’m a big fan of lamb, looking forward to seeing the cook!

Comment

Doesn't look shot to me. It's lookin' pretty good!

Comment

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! 🐑
        Last edited by HawkerXP; February 14, 2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Haha! Looking good! Enjoy!

Comment

I see what you did there.................had a little lamb. 🕶

Comment

He's a poet and don't even know it....

Comment

Looks great. Love lamb, haven't had any for a couple of years, but if I keep seeing others cooking lamb that's going to have to change.

Comment

Mares eat oats, and does eat oats, and little lambs are dee-lishus!

Comment

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    my kids know where meat come from...

Love it! That is gonna be a great meal!

Comment

Lambs on the menu in the Troutman house as well. Good luck with yours !!

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gee Tweeter you're getting kind of snarky in your old age

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Snark happens!

• texastweeter
                      texastweeter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      CaptainMike I think he missed my innuendo. Lol My wife has a name for this dish that I can't post here. Let's just say it's one of my luckmakers.
                      Last edited by texastweeter; February 15, 2020, 09:13 AM.

OK, I made an honest attempt at you city boys fancy plating. First person to make a wise crack gets to find out what caliber I carry in my grill apron/bath robe. Make two, and I'll be wearing JUST the robe when you find out... Jkjkjk. The photography credit goes to my young bride. Funny thing is she used MY phone to take the pics, the Sam one I use to take those wreched shots I usually post.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fantastic!! You’re learnin’ !!!

• texastweeter
                      texastweeter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Troutman coming from you, brother, that means a lot. I'll throw down technique and taste with just about anyone, but plating just isn't my strong suit. EATING in the other hand...

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Takin’ pictures don’t mean squat, it’s how it tastes and how much people enjoy your cooking. Happiness comes from giving and receiving good food !!!

texastweeter looks delicious and beautifully plated. Well done on all counts including the choice of lamb. Where I am we can’t get good lamb. Makes me miss growing up in Iowa with all the 4H kids raising lamb.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here