Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Leg of Lamb on the Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Leg of Lamb on the Traeger

Smoked a 5 lb Boneless Leg of Lamb using Meatheads recipe, and it came out awesome. Didn’t smell or taste like lamb at all. Tasted more like prime rib. Took a little bit over 2 hours at 225. I pulled it at 125, and seared it on my gas grill.

Highly recommend that you try this if you haven’t already.

Attached Files

Very nice! I’m a big fan of lamb. This is the way to should look!

Comment

Great looking food. That lamb looks perfect. Good job.

Comment

Lamb is starting to become very popular on the grill. Thanks for sharing, look excellent.

Comment

Lamb and sides look wonderful!

Comment

That looks fantabulous! Beautiful photo as well!

Comment

Fancy !! Big lamb lover here as well.

Comment

Nicely done! My buddy did one for Christmas eve dinner and he nailed it. Last night he sauteed some leftover lamb and we stuffed homemade pitas a la gyros.

Comment

• sigaris
                  sigaris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! We definitely have leftovers, so thanks for the tip!

We love lamb, that looks mighty fine.

Comment

I did my first lame using that recipe awhile back, and it is fantastic. I need to make time to do it again. Yours is making my mouth water.

Comment

• sigaris
                    sigaris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you! While it was really good the first night, to be honest, leftovers were not that great the day after. The night of the cook, the meat was tender and didn’t taste like lamb at all, but the next day, I gently warmed a few pieces in the toaster oven, and the lamb flavor was overpowering.

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    sigaris, you did better than us. My wife warmed the leftovers up in the microwave, and it turned into lamb jerky. We couldn't eat is so I am not sure how it would have tasted. Luckily we had company the night I cooked it and there weren't many leftovers.

Looks delicious and love the carrot accompaniment!

Comment

Love lamb! Never have tried it on the smoker. Added to my list!!

Comment

Great, and Thanks, I have a bone-in leg of lamb in the freezer.
                      I will pair it with mint jelly, and PBR.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here