Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightly Smoked Boneless Leg of Lamb with Dolly Rub/Paste - for Easter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightly Smoked Boneless Leg of Lamb with Dolly Rub/Paste - for Easter

I trimmed off most/all of the fat cap, salted and rubbed with Dolly Paste last night and left it in a ziploc in the fridge over night.

Here's what it looked like before salting and rubbing:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150405_000900.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	76634

Here's what it looked like after a night in the fridge slathered in Dolly Paste with the mav pobe in and ready to go on the smoker:

Name:	20150405_133306.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	76635

I am cooking at 225ºF-235ºF going for in IT of 150ºF. Using a small amount of whiskey barrel oak (Jack Daniels) chips for smoke flavor. I am also cooking with a drip pan on a lower rack. I am hoping to have something to make a brown gravy with.

DEW

Wow. Sure beats my 2 boneless pre-cooked hams. Course, anything not pre-cooked under stinkin' 170 internal is only good for me in this house.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Came out great. Will post pics a bit later.

Comment

Here are the pics:

Just off the smoker

Name:	20150405_182602.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	76777

Slices

Name:	20150405_182944.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	76778

Close-up of one slice

Name:	20150405_183003.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	76779

The full plate: Lamb, Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli sauteed with garlic and lemon juice

Name:	20150405_184032.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	76780

My gf was able to eat some of everything. Her mother joined us for dinner. We washed it down with a 2004 Muir-Hanna Napa Pinot Noir.

The gravy was pretty good. Not too smokey. I used drip pan juices (I didn't get any fond). I put a couple of small squares of glace de viande from my fridge in it which makes it rich and darkens the color. I used a little bit of red wine to cut a little bitterness from the smoke.

DEW

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here