Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raul had a little lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome

Comment

Love that cooking set up.

Comment

Wow...Really cool!!

Comment

Ahumadora With my Chilean son-in-law (de Punta Arenas in Patagonia) we have cooked the Costco whole lambs (only sold at the two 'business Costcos' in the Seattle area, one south, one north of the city.) These are halal, from New Zealand. They are about 20 kg, compared to the smaller, more tender and milder flavored Patagonian lamb we have had in Patagonia. How much did your half-a-lamb weigh?

I have looked for smaller lambs in the Seattle area, but unless I can get connected with some ranchers, I don't know that I'll find them. (Cordero de leche would be ideal! Saw them in the Bilbao market in el Pais de Vascos.)

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            Weighed about 8 kilos for the half lamb.

That's one festive cook.
          Your lamb rack is really neat and I like the way you can adjust its tilt. I see you put the rear end at the top and as the cook progresses the rib section moves further from the heat and you adjust the height to bring the legs closer.

I have a fogon that I haven't used ever since I took up smoking. It is there for "braai-ing" and I've done very little live fire cooking.
          This post has inspired me to start attempting a few of your Argentine style cooks.
          I need to make one of those lamb stands.

Thanks for sharing your posts are always inspirational.

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            Fairly easy to make. Google images : asado la cruz

holehogg This won't help you in South Africa, but there is a company in California which specializes in South American style cooking gear. This is their cruzes link, but the entire site is fun to peruse.
          We have one in Seattle

http://www.norcalovenworks.com (home page)

Daniel
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9536.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	761811Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9540.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	761812Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0902.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	761807Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3634.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	761813Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3640.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	761809Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3644.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	761810Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3646.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	761808Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3679.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	761814

Comment

Awesome cook! Just like grocery shopping, I shouldn't browse Amazing Ribs while hungry

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here