Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb Sirloin Chop vs Loin Chop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamb Sirloin Chop vs Loin Chop

Folks,

I need the help of some of you that know animal anatomy better than myself.

I am a huge fan of lamb chops and rack of lamb when I go to restaurants. I have always just taken ordering it for granted though.

My local meat locker sells Sirloin Chops and Loin Chops. Unfortunately they are frozen and wrapped in the white butcher paper so I can’t get a great look.

I am not sure what the difference is. Can someone please give me an answer a rookie to cooking lamb would understand? Which is most like a Chop I would order at a restaurant and/or a rack I would order.

I did pick up some ribs to try.

Think in terms of pork. The loin lies where? Just beyond the rib section right? And the sirloin further away than that. Generally I’d say the loin section would be a bit more tender.

Comment

Troutman is correct. In terms of tenderness it runs rib section, loin, sirloin. It is the same for beef, hog or lamb. A rack of lamb is the ribs with the loin on it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here