Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No power for 3 days in whole of Argentina.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    replied
    Improvise, adapt and overcome. Done, done and done!

Leave a comment:

• DiverDriver
    replied
    Looks like you had more of a party than a hardship. Thanks heavens you are all safe!

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    replied
    I live in East Central Florida where thunderstorms and power outages are something to frequently deal with. In 2004 we had three hurricanes in a 6 week period. I had coworkers without power for three weeks. They also had wells, hence no water.

I started putting away a large supply of charcoal and extra propane tanks (as well as provisions) each spring. I also converted my generator from gasoline to natural gas. And most importantly, a portable air conditioner because there's nothing worse than having no AC when the heat and humidity are both close to 100.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Before I opened this thread, I knew of all people, you would be okay. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Poer is back on in most of the country now. Glad it aint lasting 3 days as they predicted earlier.

• FireMan
    replied
    Well, there goes the souse vide! I hear the blackout is hitting 44 million peeps, Uruguay & parts of 2 other countries. Cook on!

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I feel your blackout pain. We were without power for 40 hours in Dallas, Texas, USA this past week.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    We need more power outages - or not. ;p

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Oh that looks delicious. I love lamb, may have to show up at your place sometime. I do an upper leg every couple of months and I keep it simple. Make a slit every inch and alternate a third of a garlic clove with a piece of fresh rosemary. Then rub it with lemon/olive oil mixture and salt and pepper it. Put it on at 250 and cook it till it reaches 125/130 and let set for medium rare. Don't like it rare as it feels like blubber in the mouth than meat.LOL A small 4lb leg like I get only takes about 3 hrs. You can make a dipping sauce out of any left over oil, garlic and rosemary, just heat it up to allow the flavors to develop and keep it warm and pass when serving the lamb. Degrease and add the drippings if ya got some.
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 16, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    All we need is a Jug of Bread, A Loaf of wine, an Thou, Brother!!!!

Great cooker, an cook!

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    explains why all my neighbors show up at my house if power goes out.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    got your chimichurri ready? That and a little bread are all you need! Gaucho food!

• klflowers
    replied
    Way to make do when times are kind of difficult.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    That's the pioneer spirit, live like our forefathers did....
    Mind you they were mostly all dead in there 40's so there is something to be said for electricity.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    replied
    Final last pics before the Ganets swooped in and chowed it down. Nice and pink in the moddle of the thigh.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here